Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tippmann 98 Problems

I'm having trouble with my Tippmann 98c. It was my uncles and he gave it to me but it hasn't been used in years. I don't know anything about taking apart and working on paintball guns but I'm very technologically adept so I'm sure I can work on it with a little guidance.

The video shows it being cocked and fired. When a co2 tank is attached it does the same thing, it does not cycle back. Any ideas what may be wrong with it and how to fix it?

YouTube - Tippman 98 Problem

There are also some pictures of the gun if they help.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
clean that sucker out and give it some paintball oil for lubricant. I'm thinking it was lubed with something grease-like.
Alright, is there a good guide to taking it apart and cleaning? I couldn't find any guides for the 98c that I have, only the new version. Anyone know of a guide for my gun? I don't even know what it's called. I'm sure it's pretty dirty inside since it's so old.

If theres no guide, can someone give me the basic jist on how to take it apart and clean? Thanks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Well first off that isn't a 98C its a 68 special if I'm not mistaken. :)
Post this over on Mcarterbrown and you should be able to find some help getting that antique working again. Great find by the way. :smokin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well first off that isn't a 98C its a 68 special if I'm not mistaken. :)
Post this over on Mcarterbrown and you should be able to find some help getting that antique working again. Great find by the way. :smokin

Thanks, I just found the manual and saw that it is a 68 special. Why is this such a good find? Is it a rare gun?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts