Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do people say tippmanns are slow. what if i put a hopper that feeds at 30 bps and shoot as fast as i can and what if i got a hopper that feeds at 40 bps and shot as fast as i can?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
You have a couple of things confused here.

A hopper that feeds 30bps only means that it can theoretically feed at 30bps. It doesn't mean that your marker will shoot at 30bps. In semi auto few people can even shoot as fast as 15bps unassisted so aside from bragging rights a hopper that feeds twice as fast isn't good for much. What it is good for is knowing that you can be sure it will reliably feed at 15bps. Ramping or full auto modes are a different story but even then you aren't likely to need or be allowed anything over 15bps.

People say Tippmanns are slow because generally they are slow. Compared to an electronic marker Tippmanns have a very heavy and long trigger pull. On an electronic marker the trigger is controlled electronically so it is like clicking a computer mouse and the trigger barely has any travel so you can shoot very fast with little to no effort.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
It lightens the trigger pull a bit but it won't change how the marker operates. Why are you so worried about how fast your Tippmann is?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
There's not a single person in the world that could outrun a Halo B with a mechanical Tippy.
/me crawles out of his Tippmann grave

A semi mech 98c yes, a custom modified mech 98c no.

When I did the fullauto conversion I had problems slowing the gun down to a point a Halo could keep up

now i got to see if i can find the old vid of it cause the link in the thread for it does not work any more

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Mort, the video dont work anymore.
Fix it, for i have never seen it.
Please?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts