Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah well i have a tippmann a-5 with a response trigger,ouble trigger,14'' nightstick barrel. What else could i put on i have decideing on ethier getting an expansion chamber or a drop forward. what would be better to put on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, an expansion chamber would save a lot of co2, considering how much of a gas hog the A-5 is, an expansion is almost a must. Im heading that same route, but first I need a 20oz. tank cause my 12oz. isn't cutting it, I get maybe half a good day before i run out :p peace

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks about how much would an expansion chnaber go go and are there differnt kinds what would would do the best

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im kinda asking myself this question too..

Though, im going the remote route. I get the feeling the Expansion chamber is proly the next best upgrade (then perhaps a barrel). I had seen one in the shop not long ago, wondering if that is an expansion chamber, if so i think that would be the one i wanted. It attached where the small handle goes, and had the air line running down the back of it. It looked like a clip.

Now, being still a somewhat noob, what does the chamber do? and I know there is a difference between co2 and compressed air. I just got a standard 20oz tank, i just though it was compressed air, but im not sure what air it uses. I just take it to the guy and tell him to fill it up.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Merc A-5 said:
Yes, an expansion chamber would save a lot of co2, considering how much of a gas hog the A-5 is, an expansion is almost a must. Im heading that same route, but first I need a 20oz. tank cause my 12oz. isn't cutting it, I get maybe half a good day before i run out :p peace
I would not go for the expantion camber because it does not reduce the amout of CO2 your gun will use but in crease it.

Cause on average a air line has a volume of roughly 0.1 cubic inchs (if it's 7 inchs long) and has a volume of gas at 800 PSI (it's a rough estamant). Now lets add to that a chamber that is 3" long and 3/4" in diameter on the inside. This adds about 0.5 of space that also filled to 800 PSI. So lets now tack on and adtional 0.5 to acount for the gas that is held in the guns valve Now that does not does not seem like much but it adds up when you think about it

So to give you an idea of how much gas is realy in there let use this formula
Code:
Chamber Volume * (Chamber Pressure / 14.69) = Total usable gas in chamber
so from that i get 32.6 ci for just the air line and 59.9 with the chamber. That volume of gas has to be refilled each time your gun fires. Now this is just the avalible gas to run the gun and although it may help cut down on the "smoke" when you fire at high rates cause your not loosing as much liquid CO2. But any gas or liquid Co2 in the air line or chamber is vented when you remove your tank and there for is lost.

But what I would do is get a Regulator like the palmers i got on my 98 because it work well with C02 and Compresed air. One of these is that you are able to lower the pressure that your gun operates at. This means that intead of runng the gun at 800psi you are now running at 550psi (This is taken from my 98). So now when have roughly 0.55 CI at 550 psi on the gun side of the reg. and 0.15 ci at 800 psi on the tank side. So That is roughly 28.76ci of gas that has to be rechaged each time my gun fires.

There is also another benifit of using a regulator. Your shots are going to be lot more consitant because your no longer having the presure dance all ove the place and fade off as the day goes by. Also when you chrono in at the mornign and get 275 fps you will costisantly shoot 275 fps till you run out of air

·
Registered
452 Posts
LordWolfx said:
Im kinda asking myself this question too..

Though, im going the remote route. I get the feeling the Expansion chamber is proly the next best upgrade (then perhaps a barrel). I had seen one in the shop not long ago, wondering if that is an expansion chamber, if so i think that would be the one i wanted. It attached where the small handle goes, and had the air line running down the back of it. It looked like a clip.
You cant use a expansion chamber and remote together?? Or did i just missread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts