Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to paintballin and was hoping to get some advice from some of you vetrans out there.
I just got me a Tippmann A5 for recreational play, and have been hearing a lot about the Apex and Flatline, but was leaning towards something a little more quiet. What are some of your thoughts out there? What are some advantages / disadvantages? Also what's a good length to a barrel?

·
Registered
452 Posts
14" are what most people are going to tell you to get for any barrel pretty much. You really dont want anything bigger. I just got my 14" Smart Parts Progressive barrel today and i think its to big since im use to having 9-12" barrels (j&j and Stocks)

Alot of people dont like apex becuase its kinda like hacking in real life....aka cheating almost. Flatlines you will get many opinions but i dont get it becuase it slows down the speed of the paintball even though it increases distance, its still too much and the accuracy is terriable.

Look up the barrels everyone is talking about J&j, Smart Parts have some good ones also. Also i think the Armson Stealth is very accuarate and quiet from seeing some reviews about those. But J&j and Smartparts i have had good experiences with.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I think tippys should go with the shortest barrel you can find except for the stock one. Take your stock tippy barrel and throw it in the trash. Try to find a 10" or 12" Teardrop, Armson or Progressive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i've had good luck with my 12 inch J&J cerramic. Quiet, pretty accurate, and cheap.

·
Registered
77 Posts
for the record I LOVE my ceramic (J+J) but i also think the progressive on my spyder is a wonderfull barrell for the money. from what ive heard however for rec (woodsball play) the apex is a good barrell with the flatline coming in good as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have an A5, and I'm buying a 12" inch all american, but I'm not sure if I should get the freak front, or the all american front, which one is better? I mainly play speedball with the occasional woodsball.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts