Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

What trigger system should I get for my gun?

• Response Trigger

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • E-Trigger

Votes: 48 61.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What one do you think I should get, the E-trigger or Response trigger? I know the response trigger eats up C02 really fast and is not tournament legal. What about the E-trigger?

·
Jabroni Scorpion
164 Posts
I voted E. I've got an R/T, and it's fun, but people whine about it everywhere you go. The E has some neat modes, and is usable at fields since it has a semi setting.

One thing worth mentioning though, is that the R/T doesn't cause the marker to use more CO2 than normal. It will use the same amount. The CO2 powering the R/T is excess gas from the blowback phase, meaning it has already left the valve and would have been "used" anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the E-Trigger is better and has mores settings than the response trigger, than why do people buy the response trigger? There has to be something better about it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
People buy the R/T for two reasons. 1 you can buy it for $70 factory installed (Regular price A-5 $230, R/T Installed A-5 $300) instead of paying the extra $45 for en E-grip.

R/T are also bought because they're cheaper and don't require batteries. If your field allows R/T for rec-ball (most do) than you have no need for a semi-automatic E-grip (or any of it's other settings for that matter) because your gun can shoot semi without an E-grip.

Basically R/T is cheaper and more reliable (NO hassle with an incompatable double trigger, batteries, or setting) but tourny illegal while the E-grip is tourney legal and has more settings but is more expensive.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
If your gonna play at a field get a Egrip...I am not posative how much they are....but what..are htey like $120 ?...thats just $30 more then a RT and you get more IMO...less complaining from other people...the ablity to walk the trigger...play at fields wihtout a problem...and just more options.

·
Registered
49 Posts
$100 for an RT? You be talkin' funny. More like $80

Personally, I'd still take the E-grip. You never know when the tourney bug is going to bite and you are going to need a legal marker.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i say the r/t cause its cheaper and its more reliable

but mr fancy pants says go with the e-grip

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the E-grip really use that much battery? Or is it something I don't really need to worry about?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you're going to E-grip an A5, why not just get a Spyder? Get an RT.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
...cuz a spyder is no where near as good as a A-5 lol....

If your going to get a RT...why not put $30 more into it and buy a Egrip...then your able to walk...play at fields/tournys...and fire in different modes...

for $30 you can so much more variety

·
Registered
220 Posts
because your gun can shoot semi without an E-grip.

Hey greedy u ever heard of walking the trigger. u can walk an electronic semi tippmann faster than any spyder on full auto also is why people prefer electronic semi auto. it is also tourney and field legal for an egrip

·
Registered
93 Posts
donk3ypunch said:
because your gun can shoot semi without an E-grip.

Hey greedy u ever heard of walking the trigger. u can walk an electronic semi tippmann faster than any spyder on full auto also is why people prefer electronic semi auto. it is also tourney and field legal for an egrip
Walking? Yeah I've heard of it, I'd be amazed to see human fingers "walk" 15BPS (since that's about what most full auto's do). Those E-Blades and the other Electronic grips that are capable of shooting 20+ BPS are able to do that because of trigger bounce, they're not actually hitting the trigger with their fingers 20+times. But I'm pretty sure I mentioned the E-grip being tourney legal which, in turn, makes it Field legal.

But Flatliner105, not trying to start an debate but the main reason people don't spend the extra $30-$45(Factory installed it's $70, E-grip is $115=Difference of $45 BUT seperate R/T $80 making it a $35, you're still in the ballpark) is because of batteries. People are deathly afraid of them. There is a chance it could go dead on the playing field so people like to stay away (even though they can just carry an extra one around).

Plus the E-grip can only be used in Semi on most fields, while the R/T can be "sweetspotted" to rip on full-auto (somewhere around 15-16BPS) at a lower price. Yet on the other hand you could probably modify the E-grip trigger to that of a mouse-click if you know what you're doing.

Nonetheless I'm still interested in what donk3ypunch has to say.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i thought u could turn down the rt my friend has one and he says he does it all the time he said its got something to do with one of the knobs comin out the side i kno he can do either full auto or semi but im not sure if he can set it to do bursts can someone tell me if ne of the previous statement is correct

·
had more guns then girls
107 Posts
it can be set to do perfect 3 shot burts if u want it to, also its legal to have the rt installed during a torny, as it does come with a shut off screw so u can turn it off with no problem, and the rt will always work, no batterys or anything, my rt was 45$ lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think that I am going to go with the E-grip. It just seems like the best way to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have purchased both r/t and e-grip.....My Suggestion: alwayz bring ur stock grip with you to every game lol

Reasons:

Egrip - awesome setup for tippmann a5 but...does have flaws....1 you need a screwdriver to change modes....2 runs on batteries if its raining out might have malfunction.

R/t- awesome as well but hogs gass liek crazzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..but...best set up if u want to save some money

but i prefer the egrip over the rt........gives my gun that real mp5 fire ...lol.. :devil:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts