Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Tippmann a5 off Craigslist the other day. My co2 tank has an on and off switch, whenever I screw it onto the gun and turn it on all of the air goes straight out of the barrel. Even when I am not pulling the trigger. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Could it simply be the o-rings?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
power tube or tomb stone are the most likely. Id say power tube as what you are describing sounds exactly like a power tube crack

could it be o-rings? of course, it can always be o-rings, you could just do a fresh rebuild on the marker just to be sure

·
Rambo
39 Posts
my tippmann A-5 sometimes doesn't catch the bolt on the first try, cock it back good and do it a couple times just to make sure, that only happens to mine when it isn't being fired, it always catches with the pressure of the air slamming it back, then again my rampage board is a little finicky and could cause that, but anyways try that and if it doesn't work then i would say it's probably your power tube, sometimes it's just a simple o-ring though, good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got some o-rings off of amazon. I would like to try and replace those and see if it works before I buy another part. Is there a diagram that shows where all of the o-rings are? I tried looking at the owners manual and that does not help at all.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
holy crap, I never realized they didnt put the sizes in that manual, that is just terrible

but here,

***Oringmonkey.com Oring Kits Paintball Marker O Ring Kits***-TOOLS/TECHMATS/GAUGES-• TECHMATS-FREE DOWNLOAD - Oringmonkey Oring Size Chart

its free, its a sizing chart, Just take the marker apart and when you pull out an o-ring, size it and write the size in your manual. Just so you know though, o-rings 24 and 28 (part numbers in your manual) are the important ones to replace. Id still recommend replacing the rest but i doubt any of them are going to do anything for your leak

my tippmann A-5 sometimes doesn't catch the bolt on the first try, cock it back good and do it a couple times just to make sure, that only happens to mine when it isn't being fired, it always catches with the pressure of the air slamming it back, then again my rampage board is a little finicky and could cause that, but anyways try that and if it doesn't work then i would say it's probably your power tube, sometimes it's just a simple o-ring though, good luck
a board would not cause the marker not to re-cock, they have no way of effecting the cycling process only the release of the sear. If yours is not catching it has to be something mechanical causing it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bought this gun, therefore I have not lubed them yet. I am having trouble finding where the smallest o-ring is. Anyone know where it is located? I appreciate all the help so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked on YouTube and could not find a video that showed it. I replaced every other o-ring besides that. Anywhere else that would tell me where the smallest o-ring is located?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx for the link to the video but that was not the one I was looking for. Attached is a picture of the 7 o-rings. Does anyone know where the smallest one goes?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts