Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there, it good to finally be introduced to the wonderful sport of paintball.
I have a quick question on equipment. What would be a better gun for back wood games, the Tippmann a5 with cyclone feeder or the 98 custom with a q-loader? Any advise would help.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
If you get the 98 I would recommend a hopper like a VL revolution. The Q-loader is nice, and feeds faster than probably anything out there, but well you have to take the filling equipment for the special pods and all that. It's nice, but the 98 won't shoot fast enough to need the speed it provides.

The a5 is nice and the feeder works well. it'll preform nearly the same as a 98 with an electric hopper on it (The internals in the two markers are nearly identical).

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Unless you do some modifications or upgrades to you 98 your not going to see speeds over 7 bps. And even with an tune and modified Response Trigger the top speed that I have seen is 18 BPS. For that your only going to need a Evlution 2 (aka the Egg because of it's shape).
The best starter hopper for a 98 is a Revy

The only reason you would need the Q-Loader on a 98 is if you going with a mechanical Full Automatic system. But that is a banned on most feilds and take some experiance to do correctly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
with upgrades, work, etc the 98 can shoot over twice as fast as the maximum speed on that cyclone feed, also the cyclone can have problems in cold weather or if you decide to use an RT or other blowback device in it]

i say the 98, it can be UGed to shoot much faster and its tougher as far as ive seen

(dog the bounty hunter now uses and A-5 with mace-balls)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts