Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what marker should I get? Should I get the Tippmann A5 or Custom Pro A.C.T.? If you have an answer please tell me why I should get it. And I don't care about prices.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would get the A5. Ive had mine for about three months and have had plenty of comments about it and there is nothing bad i can say about it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd probably skip the ACT myself... Sounds like something else to go wrong. Personally I chose a 98C over a A-5 having shot both I like the 98C better due to the internals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Which gun would you say has better accuracy and a faster rate of fire? And why can't you use the response trigger in some arenas and tournaments? And why does the Custom 98 A.C.T. cost less than the A5? Aren't expensive markers usually better than cheaper markers?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tippmanns website says both have the same BPS. The A-5 costs more because it is the new thing and it comes with a cyclone on it. That is a $60 upgrade for the 98C. Both will be the same accuracy wise with the same barrel, paint and air/C02. The A-5 looks cooler. As far as the response trigger not being tourney legal, I play woodsball so this is just a something I think I've seen, only semi-auto fire is allowed. One trigger pull, one ball. If you want to play speedball don't get a Tippy as the ROF and the length are going to hurt you game wise. I have a Ion and a 98C. Like both guns but the Ion shoots faster than the 98 so if you only have a couple of seconds to lay paint down it's a better option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts