Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am completely new to paintball .. I am looking at the Tippmann 98 Custom Pro Platinum Series ACT Paintball Marker, Digi Camo .. If I want to upgrade this gun, will parts from a Tippmann 98 Custom (ex. collapsible stock) work with this 98 Custom Pro? I dont know much about the upgrades .. Please dont flame me, im just trying to learn. Thanks.

Also, can anyone recommend a website for upgrades for a Tippmann 98 Custom Pro?

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
the best upgrade for a 98 are as follows

1) HPA
2) good hopper (not the cyclone)
3) J&J ceramic barrel (12"-16" your choice, also if you really want to get a barrel, you can put this on top)
4) sell it and get a new marker, trust me on this, you can get soooo much more preformance out of other markers for tons less than it takes to upgrage a 98 to only get luke warm preformance.

honestly id highly recomend you start with something different, look into spyders, they are imo the best starting markers out there, simple to work on (tippmanns are a huge pain) parts are cheap, and you get more preformance stock for less than the 98

go look into the vs1 if you want to use co2, and the vs2 if you want to use HPA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool I am looking at the tippmann because I want mine to look like an m4 .. Also the paintball gun is for backyard woodsball on my private property with about 10 friends.. Nothing tournament related for me.. Just something to keep me outside and away from the tv..

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
a marker that is made for speedball will do just as good if not better than one thats designed for woodsball, the only difference between speedball and woodsball is what your hiding behind

just ask youself this

would you rather have a marker that looks better, or would you rather have one that preforms better?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Flatline

does anyone know why before i got a flatline i never broke a ball in my barrel and now i that i have a flatline i get barrel breaks all the time????????????

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am completely new to paintball .. I am looking at the Tippmann 98 Custom Pro Platinum Series ACT Paintball Marker, Digi Camo .. If I want to upgrade this gun, will parts from a Tippmann 98 Custom (ex. collapsible stock) work with this 98 Custom Pro? I dont know much about the upgrades .. Please dont flame me, im just trying to learn. Thanks.

Also, can anyone recommend a website for upgrades for a Tippmann 98 Custom Pro?
Double Tiggers are awesome and you can get them cheap on ebay.com.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
a marker that is made for speedball will do just as good if not better than one thats designed for woodsball, the only difference between speedball and woodsball is what your hiding behind

just ask youself this

would you rather have a marker that looks better, or would you rather have one that preforms better?
dude, he wants to keep the 98, leave the man alone, besides, he was looking for upgrades on THIS gun, not to have someone tell him to dump it.

Do you play in the winter? You could always drop an expansion chamber onto it if you are interested in keeping CO2, which I ended up doing just for the convenience (closest place to fill HPA is like 1/2 hour away). You shoot alot or in rapid succession? I liked the double trigger kit, which does pull away from the m4 look but helps out alot performance wise. along with the rapid shooting, you might want to pick up a good hopper, lots to choose from. Also, as you will experience during gameplay, the feedneck tends to vibrate and shake a lil bit on 98's, just put an old o-ring around the base of it and it should stop. Theres plenty of barrels out there to look at, especially milsim barrels, but if you just want something that works and works well, get a J&J ceramic like trbo suggested or get a SP progressive/tear drop. I don't want to sound like im bragging, but I ended up dumping way more into my tippy than I had ever expected, and if you want to see the product look at the link in my sig to my 98 custom. Theres lots of stuff on there to help you get an Idea of what to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have HPA then a R/T trigger is a great upgrade very fun, it alows you to shoot like a full auto. If you get a R/T with co2 you will need a expansion chamber. People rag on tippmanns but they are good markers. I have several markers and still enjoy my 98 every now and then. Have fun with it and wear your mask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts