Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Tippmann Custom Pro a good beginner gun? I'm new to the sport and want a durable gun that I can upgrade later on. Most of the players I will play with have 98 Customs and we will play mostly woodball.

On action village dot com I have found the Tippmann Custom Pro Power Pack that includes the marker, Maintenance pack, high performance goggles with anti-fog lenses, 12 oz. tank, 12. oz butt plate, 200 rdn. loader all for 189.00!

I am also going to purchase Mantis Diamond Paintball Harness with 3 free tubes. Is this all I need and is it good for a beginner? If I'm missing anything please make reccomendations. And remember I'm knew at this

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you will want to get a new mask (i can basically guarantee that one will fog, depending on which one it is, the ones in packs like that are usually crap)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
a new barrel

·
Registered
198 Posts
a tippmann 98 custom pro would be great for a beginner player to have because they are reliable and run great off Co2. I might recomend though getting the accessorys seperately and not to go cheap on the mask. get a flex7, proflex, profiler any of these are goign to be good mask's for you. if you cant see you cant shoot. No you do nto need a new barrel as soon as ya get it but a new barrel is a great upgrade for the future. for a hopper you might wanna get a agitating one becuase balls tend to getstuck in the hopper and not fall into the elbow resulting in chopping and having to shake the **** outta your hopper. CO2 tanks are basically all the same so just get what is cheapest.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The stock barrel functions well, compared to the 98 Custom's barrel...*cough 8" cough*

·
Registered
189 Posts
the 98 custom pro is perfect for beginners, and it still good for later on. Also there is some new gun that runs off of propane you might also want to look into that on tippmanns website. You get 50,000 shots off of one 16oz propane tank!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts