Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear people talking about the team Tippmann Effect a lot. Do they have a homepage or something. I want to see the specs and what they have done to their guns. I hear their guns shoot 22 bps:eek:
-Levi

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
no they dont shoot that fast...actually they dont shoot fast at all...they use basic egrips/ebolts.....1 or 2 use normal mech 98s....

they came by and played at my field one time. One of the back players uses a mech 98...he just simply fires the hole time.....literally fires the HOLE TIME....he was maybe shootin 7 bps....

theier guns arnt all tricked out like everyone says..they bought 6 new 98c from our proshop...and simply put thier upgrades on them...so they are basicly playing with normal tippies.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ive heard of them too but im not familar with their accopmlishments how many tourneys have they won and which types and (local, regional, national) and if they do have a home page can someone post a link or a url that would be great

·
Registered
522 Posts
They are good at Ameture tournies, but they do "ok", at the Pro Tournies.

go to tippmanneffect.com and check on their standings in past tournies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A-5_ORdAn said:
Its funny seeing them in pics with a 98c and a Halo B on it.
What's so funny about that? They can't afford to be pinching/chopping/dry firing on the field.

And where does this 22BPS thing keep coming from? It's on like every forum, no one has ever heard it from a reliable, documentable, source, it's always a friend or field owner or something like that. No one even knows how they'd do it seeing as the E-grip is capped and the RT can only do so much and mechanically, well that would just be freaky.

TE did stop using A-5's by the way, they had too many probs with the Cyclone.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
lol the 22 bps is a lie...i PERSONALLY have seen them play...and they definatly are not shooting 22 bps...more like 15.....and thats the fastest...most of the guys where using mech tippmanns..so they where shooting line 10 bps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
why do you guys care how fast you can shoot. wow you can waste a case befor me so what? Tippmann Effect proves how many balls you throw is not what it takes.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
um actually how fast you shoot does matter...and can make a huge difference.

People that dont agree with that usually are in denial cuz they can afford to buy upgrades/a better gun to get a better ROF....

Having a hihg ROF is all about putting preassure on the other team. Also jsut think about it...are you more likely to get someone out if u shoot 3 paintballs at them? or 10? 10 of course...its called probablity.

Weather you like to admit it or not...ROF DOES matter in the game of paintball.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dhill has 2376 posts from the time I am posting this now. I'm sure he will find proof of it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Flatliner105 said:
um actually how fast you shoot does matter...and can make a huge difference.

People that dont agree with that usually are in denial cuz they can afford to buy upgrades/a better gun to get a better ROF....

Having a hihg ROF is all about putting preassure on the other team. Also jsut think about it...are you more likely to get someone out if u shoot 3 paintballs at them? or 10? 10 of course...its called probablity.

Weather you like to admit it or not...ROF DOES matter in the game of paintball.

But why go for 22 bps, when you can shoot 15?

Tippmann Effect is really good. They are being held back by their markers... I'm sure they could do much better if they weren't required to use 98Cs and A-5s.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
lol who really cares man....If i was in thier position i wouldnt really care. They get all free tippmann equipment! When they pulled up to my field...they had a flat bed with a cover over the top....they lifted up the cover....and they literally the hole flatbed filled to the top with cases of tippmann paint. There had to be at least 100 boxes of paint there....then they left like 3 cases filled with about 1500 paintballs...so i took them all lol.

either way...they are basicly using more paint in 1 day...then we do all year...and thye get it for free.

Hell, i would even use my tippy again if i could get that deal.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
A little off topic, but is tippmann working on a new marker that could possibly be more suited for speedball?

·
had more guns then girls
107 Posts
how could u launch 10 balls a sec from a mech tippmann? its not possible, my tippmann does 19bps easaly, i timed it on how long it takes to go through a full hopper then divided

·
Registered
917 Posts
19 bps? That's crazy.

You have a 12v revvy- you would undoubtedly chop like crazy. A revvy doesn't "force-feed" so it is still restricted by the pull of gravity, thus anything above ~13 bps isn't possible. Since you measured by the paint shot, you definitely aren't talking about dry-firing.

So, unless you have a halo or q-loader or some other force-feeding hopper that you don't have listed, you are full of bs.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
how could u launch 10 balls a sec from a mech tippmann? its not possible, my tippmann does 19bps easaly, i timed it on how long it takes to go through a full hopper then divided
lmao...first off..unless you do major trig mods...you wont get 10 bps on a tippy....

second of all...i guarentee you that you are not getting 19 bps. I GUARENTEE! I doubt you are even gettin 15...cuz you gotta do mad tweaking to get over 15. And like the guy above me said^^..you have a revy...a revy does 12 bps TOPS...cuz thats all gravity will let you do...and since a tippy has a side feel that means the ball has to roll in...which will probbaly only let it go 11 bps...so there is no way your gettin over 12bps...cuz u will be chopping like mad.

And trying to find your bps by finding out how many balls in your hoper...then dividng the time is a bunch of bull. First off, i doubt you counted every single ball u put in your hopper...second...your gun would freeze (u have a x chamber...so you have CO2...dont say you have nitro) after shoting 250 paintballs shooting as fast as you said (even though you really arnt shooting that fast). Then you would need a stop watch and somone that is precise with the timing. If you think about shotings 6 bps.....that means 1 paintball per .1 of a second. That means if your shooting 12 bps...then its 1 paintball per .05 of a second. That means if you stop the watch .3 seconds to soon or to late (which .3 is a small amoutn of time)...then you will be missing/adding 6 extra paintballs. which will make a big difference when finding how fast you shoot.

THE ONLY accurate way to find out how many bps your shooting...is to either go to a chrony and fire there....or record the sound and put it on your computer...then look at the visual audio file...then you can count....

I suggest you IM me at non freeza105 ...and u can listen to my audio file of my cocker shooting 10 bps. It sounds fast...but its only 10 bps.

People really dont realize how fast 10 bps really is untill they hear it. Then they have a greater appreciation for the people that truly can get that high ROF

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.