Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off. I know tippmann is not for speed ball at all. I love playing rec ball with my 98c but yeah it does not have the fire rate to keep up in speed ball. However, my friend really wants me to start playing more speed ball with him. The thing is, I love tippmann markers and all the other markers i have played with have always had problems so i usually stick with tippmann. My question is do you think I could modify my back up gun to play or should i buy another gun entirely.
i dont feel like spending too much on speed ball..

I got a back up carver one which i usually just play around with however I figured if I went with this:

Carver one with e grip and apex barrel n tip n a regulator n remote line mite do it.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
If you are just playing rec level speedball just keep your marker as it is and make sure you have a loader that can keep up. The remote and regulator and Apex tip and all that stuff isn't going to help and the Carver One is identical in performance and internally to your 98C. When you start playing more speedball you might want an electronic marker but by no means do you have to have one to play speedball.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The OP may not have the funds to spread out on new markers like some of the otehr members here

For recball, whatever you're shooting is good enough
Like previously stated, a nice hopper and a good mask are the only other things you should get

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
I love tippmann markers and all the other markers i have played with have always had problems so i usually stick with tippmann.
what other markers have you played with?

The OP may not have the funds to spread out on new markers like some of the otehr members here
so how does that make modifying a tippmann for speedball any easier?

a e-trigger alone will run you $100 and no matter what you do its still going to be larger and heaver while having a right side feed while on the field. something like a E1 at $189 would be around the price he very well may end up with but be a much better solution

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Or keep the tippy, and get a better hopper then tank before you make the leap to another marker...
for sure, even if he keeps the tippmann these will be needed so i think they are step 1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have played with Spyders, Azodin Koas, and mostly mech guns. n thats the thing is, I have the carver one that I can mess with. I just really want to know is it worth it to just out right buy me a new speed ball gun and hopp or spend the time to custom a tippy. N the reason I am loyal to tippy's is cuz I have never had major problems with them at all but it is true they r too bulky.

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
Sell your tippy, to the right guy you can get a hundred bucks. Save up a bit, get a used Rail, G4, or Mini. Upgrading a tippmann is just expensive and in the end you'll either end up quitting the sport or waste more money on a real gun! Don't drink the Tippmann Kool Aid!

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
I have played with Spyders, Azodin Koas, and mostly mech guns. n thats the thing is, I have the carver one that I can mess with. I just really want to know is it worth it to just out right buy me a new speed ball gun and hopp or spend the time to custom a tippy. N the reason I am loyal to tippy's is cuz I have never had major problems with them at all but it is true they r too bulky.
well see theres the problem, its not that the brands are bad just that nothing else you have played with is better than the tippmann, the spyders and azodins are all a stacked tube version of the same technology that drives both the 98c and the carver one. you have never actually played with anything outside of the entry level markers.

in order of importance

1) thermal lens mask if you dont have it already
2) good forcefeed hopper
3) 4500psi HPA tank
4) new marker in the mid range

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
yeah man. Thanks for the adv. Any particular brand I should look into?
1. Vforce Profiler is what I use. Their special lenses never fog so I've never had to fork out the extra 10 for a thermal. The protection coverage on the mask is probably the best in the high-end mask market, it also fits really well on my (larger) face.

2. I'd go for an older Empire Prophecy, you can pick one up used for about 40-70 dollars.

3. Ninja makes the best tanks out there with the best customer service. I wouldn't buy used just because I personally have had problems with used tanks. I know other people haven't though...

4. A lot out there, I would go with a 2011 Proto Rail or a Dangerous Power G4. Both great guns for good prices.

Didn't mean to jack your question Trbo...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts