Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother owns an older Tippmann model 98 with the gills. As of late when it is fired from time to time the bolt slowly slides forward and doesn't return to the cocked. Once you manually cock the gun it starts firing fine. As you can imagine this is pretty annoying in the middle of a match. I have minimal knowledge of paintball guns and I was hoping someone here could shed some light.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
get some paintball specific oil (no motor oil or wd-40) put a few drops in the asa (where you screw the tank in) and dry fire it a dozen times

we get this question all the time and 99% of the time the marker just needs some TLC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright guys,thanks! Tommorow I will pull it apart and polish it up,oil it and check the O-rings. I thought this might be the case.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah. i had the same problem except when i was cleaning the gun and went to reassemble it...i put the front bolt on backwards and the rear bolt wouldnt even manually cock back, so i was wondering why.lol then i took it apart again and noticed the change and fixed it. so make sure you put everything back together correctly. just sayin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts