Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well i got a few questions for anybody to answer.

1. what is a better barrel a flatline or a 14" sniper barrel for a 98c

2. Is there anyway i can modify my 98c to be able to hold an E-trigger?

feedback much abliged thanx thumup:

·
Registered
509 Posts
what kind of barrel is the "sniper" barrel or is that what it is called

anyway go with the j&j ceramic and yes i think the 98c can take the e grip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i read on tippmann website it cant take it only the pro can. thats why i was wondering if anyone knows how to screw with the gun in order for it to work with the e-trigger. and thanks ill look into that barrel

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
If its a 98 custom, you need an e-bolt, not an "e-trigger." Flatlines are nice barrels but are picky on paint and are TOO expensive. The sniper barrels are OK, but I'd suggest a 14" J+J or CP one piece barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright i found a barrel the j&j s2. it says it is for the model 98. does that mean any type of tippmann 98 can take the barrel or does it need to say 98 c???

·
No user title
273 Posts
tippyowner6690 said:
alright i found a barrel the j&j s2. it says it is for the model 98. does that mean any type of tippmann 98 can take the barrel or does it need to say 98 c???
All Model 98s have the same threads, so yes, it will work on your 98c.

·
Registered
956 Posts
They are allowed at most fields, but you should check with your field before you spend the money on one. (RT's that is). You also need an electronic hopper if you are getting one, if you don't already have one i suggest a revvy or empire reloader.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dude5779597 said:
FLATLINES SUCK I had one and got rid of it because even when clean it would go 5o feet than make a sharp turn.
you never had your barrel on straight then, sucka

·
Registered
36 Posts
the_real_kaz said:
Yea, Flatlines are sooooooooo nice in the woods. I'll take on any type of gun, timmy, angel, DMwhat ever, in the woods with a tippmann and a flatline barrel.
Do I lose alot of quality if I go with the j&j ceramic instead? What is the downsides of the j&j ceramic and the upsides.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So im asumeing flatline would be best for rang with tippmann but what is something that would still add good range while not being to high priced. Im makeing sure that I know exactly what I want before I buy my tippmann and accesories very soon. Im gonna be going next month of first camping and so I want to have a gun by then to be able to play with my friend.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd get a Lapco Bigshot.. Super awesome barrel if you don't mind it a little loud. 14". Checked out my friends CP and J$J. Nice barrels but the Lapco is like a mirror inside. They are just shiny.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Look into cp then...VERY good barrels for the price...i've had mine for quite a while, and i love it...it works extremely well. definately a good barrel to check out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts