Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up every one I have recently got a tippman pro-am from some one and I was wondering if any one here knew where to get a after market barrel for the gun or maybe its compatible with another model

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Welcome to the boards! This site is sponsored by xpaintball.com so that's the only site I can give you. I would highly recommend the Smart Parts Teardrop, SP Progressive, Custom Products One Piece, or the J&J Ceramic. I personally don't like the the Flatline Barrel System but that's another option. There's a sticky about that in the Tippmann section.

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
Taken from Dhill0431...

Barrels:
In my opinion, the first thing anyone that has recently bought a tippmann should do is buy a new barrel. Tippmann stock barrels are good for little more than a paperweight. Here are a few very good mid-priced barrels: Custom Products 1-piece, J&J ceramic, Lapco Bigshot, and the Smart Parts Teardrop. While the first three are just as good as barrels twice their price, the Teardrop is at the lower end of these, and i would personally recommend getting the CP or the Lapco barrel.
If you'd like to spend a little more, you can get a bigger name brand, but you wont get much better than a CP or Bigshot. Some upper range barrels that are worth the price are the Smart Parts All-American, along with the Dye Boomstick and Ultralite. Even higher prices can bring you a barrel kit, but for most of us, this isnt necessary. In case you plan on going pro with your tippmann, get an Evil pipe kit, Empire barrel kit, Smart Parts Freak Kit, or one of many other barrel kits available. Just remember this, it doesnt matter how much your barrel costs, what determines accuracy is paint to barrel match.
Some of the flatline fanatics probably noticed i didnt say a word about the flatline. That's because the Flatline is not like other barrels. It puts backspin on the paintballs, giving them a very flat trajectory and creating a much farther range than other paintballs. This is a very good choice if you play woodsball, but in speedball and more tournament oriented games, i would suggest against the flatline, simply because other barrels can give you better accuracy in those closer distances.

Taken from Dhill0431...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the gun it self is a tippmann pro-am i know its at least 5 years old but i also know i would rather have a tippmann then a spyder has any one her got the pro-am ? so as far as the barrels go the 98 barrels are compatable with the pro-am ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh ok i got you cause my step dad just gave me the gun today and we talked to some guy in a paint ball shop he told us they dont make barrels for pro am any more

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just talked to this guy at tippman he said basicly every thing from the pro lite - to the a5 are compatable the 98 is the only one with diffrent threads

·
Registered
559 Posts
you can get barrels on practically any paintball shopping site. The real question is, how much do you have to spend. Cuz for the most part you get more if you pay more.
($25 barrel = ok to moderat accuracy, $120 barrel = exelent accuracy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts