Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently bought a Project Salvo package off of ebay and was just wondering your opinion on the gun and the equipment. Here is the one I bought: Here What do you guys think about the mask, pods and belt, and most importantly the gun. This is the first paintball gun I have owned even though I am a very experienced player and I have always borrowed a friends gun.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The mask is cheap, the pod belt looks pretty cool, and the Project Salvo is only going to be good for woodsball and scenario. I would have instead bought a 2009 Spyder Electra for $160 and a V-Force Pro-Vantage mask for $35. It will be fine for woodsball and scenario paintball though.

·
BARRIE m i l i t i a
17 Posts
I own a Project Salvo, and in my opinion (as I am a MILSIM / Woodsball / Scenario player) this is as close to real guns as you're gonna get for the money. The weight of it feels real, it looks very real, good barrel on it to start, very reliable pneumatics inside, easy to assemble / maintain / disassemble, very customizable with all those picatinny rails, Cyclone Feed ready, E-Grip ready, the stock is a nicey.. The only thing I don't like too much is the iron sights, but only because I don't really like ALL iron sights.. Red dots for me. :)

Hope you end up LOVING your new Project Salvo!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I have just recently bought a Project Salvo package off of ebay and was just wondering your opinion on the gun and the equipment. Here is the one I bought: Here What do you guys think about the mask, pods and belt, and most importantly the gun. This is the first paintball gun I have owned even though I am a very experienced player and I have always borrowed a friends gun.

If you think the gun is the most important part I can tell you aren't a very experienced player.

The mask is terrible.
The pods are pods.
The harness is just a typical harness but I can't tell the make of it.
The loader is a shake and bake so nothing special or even good but it will work to hold paintballs so that's a plus.
The gun is just a Tippmann 98C with rails attached so it also isn't anything special. It's a proven design but at the end of the day you've essentially purchased your own set of rental caliber gear. The good part is that it's at least your gear so you aren't borrowing stuff and I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know the mask is terrible and I am getting a RAP4 vest and the gun is not just a 98C with rails I have done my research and this is the gun I want...
Well, unfortunately, I have to agree with Crawdaddy on this one. It IS just a 98C with rails, a stock, and a different barrel. It will shoot just like a 98C but will look cooler.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
yup yup. iv always suggested if your going to buy something dont buy what the field rents, you might as well rent it and then you dont have to pay for, or do, the upkeep on it.

replace the mask first, chances are that one will be uncomforatable and fog up easy. if the pack works i wouldnt bother wasting money on a different one, put that money towardds something more usefull like a forcefeed hopper. really that package gets you the marker you want but everything else is crap you are going to end up replacing. which is the reason i suggest people stay away from them. you will end up spending more in the long run if you get a package like that first, and will have more headaches along the way. I have only every found a few of those that dont just come with crap accesorries.

i find it rather amusing how they give you a 6+1 pack, a stock on the marker but no remote line to actually use the +1 in the pack

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yep, most fields rent 98C and now, more recently, BT-4 Rentals which are essentially the same thing as the Project Salvo.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ya exactly. At least he has his own marker and equipment though.

·
BARRIE m i l i t i a
17 Posts
The reliability and customizability of a 98C, with the kick ass looks of an AR-15.. I'm sold right there. :)

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
reliability? not since pre-04

customizability? all your doing is bolting on dress up items, very few things tippmann BT or anyone else producing the inline blowback sell actually do anything. so if dressing it up by buying the never ending list of "upgrades" is custom then sure go for it. its a long distance between a 98 to another that i would actually consider "custom"

·
BARRIE m i l i t i a
17 Posts
Last time I checked, that's still customizability. :p

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
for those and at least in my mind you have to do something besides dress it up. thats not making it a better marker, its just adding weight and reducing functionality

iv seen people take a gun stock and mill it out to accept a A5 or 98, while still dressing it up that is something that didnt come from tippmann so defiantly "custom"

but bolting on a stock a remote line, a bi-pod and a shroud? no way, every tippmann fan boy out there has those already, idk why tippmann doesnt just include them with the marker...o wait, ys i do, its so they can charge more for them by selling them separate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the gun and everything it just came today but you were right the mask is very uncomfortable and I don't really like it. I was thinking about getting an Invert 20/20. Is that mask better?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the gun. I've had mine for 2 years and its very reliable. But yeah leave the toys alone. Bipods, scopes, stuff like that. I was one of those people who thought a bipod would be a good idea, but its only useful for holding the gun up when i'm putting more balls in it. I do have a red dot sight, and its better than iron sights, but it doesn't make a huge difference. Anyway its a 98 so great woodsball gun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts