Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tippmann custom pro bolt problem

I am having a problem with my gun. I have a custom pro and the bolt seems to not be going back all the way. I looked it the gun with the barrel taken off and the bolt is up a little too far just enough to where the paintball cant go through. The only way I can shoot is by manually reloading it or recocking it. I also have a cyclone hopper if that could be the reason why. Everything else works fine except that one problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Str8 Newb

New member here, and while I've talked to several people in the past few weeks, I'd like to get some additional feedback here. Last Saturday ago I played Paintball for the first time. This past week I bought a Tippman 98 Custom with ACT. Yesterday I played again. Straight Woodsball. I now have a new addiction.

So I want to upgrade my piece. This past week I bought a 14" Invert Carbon Fiber Nightstick Barrel. Definetly an upgrade over the stock but wondering if there are better alternatives out there. What is the deal with the Flatline barel? I understand the concept of gaining distance vs losing velocity, and from what I understand it seems to just be a matter of personal preference.

Response Trigger. I am going to purchase and install this this today. Seems like it is quite the upgrade for a rec baller.

Expansion Chamber/New Bolt/Regulator? Can anyone shed some light on the best steps/ go with to take in this direction? What exactly does a new bolt do? I plan on switch my tank over to an HPA. Is an Low Pressure Kit really a must have?

Hopper. I've seen a few different hoppers. Most noticeably the Dye Rotor Hopper that MSRPs at 160 which is a bit pricey.

Money is not exactly an issue as I will be doing this over the coming weeks and months, but I still want to get quality for my dollar. Sorry if I asked any really dumb questions, but as I said I'm new to all this, and could really use some help from an experienced player. I know some of this stuff may be personal preference, but any feedback you guys could toss my way would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
ok, if money isnt a huge issue the best thing you can do is get a HPA tank, a nice hopper and then a new marker.

it doesnt matter how much money you sink into this one its always going to be a low end marker and the performance can not be helped all that much. RTs just get you a higher rate of fire and are very expensive, LP kits do nothing IMHO and iv seen a fair chunk of people have issues with them since the marker was not designed to run on that low of pressures. bolts do nothing on low end stuff, a lot actually hurt performance. if your switching to HPA a expansion chamber wont do anything. and also if your switching to HPA the reg wont do too much either.

first thing is first though, if you dont have a nice thermal lens mask already that is the first thing you should spend money on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info. So basically what your saying is, a nice Hopper and a Tank are worth investing in, since I can bring those with me when/if I move on to another gun.

Thermal Lens Mask, now that is an idea. Got any specific suggestions?

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
exactly, with prices for mid range stuff starting at $200 its really not worth it to be sinking money into a low end

the best idea for a mask is go to your local shop and try everything on that has a thermal lens. find one that fits your head right and wont move around if you shake your head hard

if thats not a option, im rather partial to the empire e-vents, also take a look at the empire avatar and on the cheaper side of the spectrum there is the invert helix thermal, all 3 of those masks use the same lens, and its a good one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive been looking at markers for woodsball and i made a list. I want to get something that is upgradable in case i want to sink more money into the sport. I was just wondering what gun would be the best around the $100-$150 range. Any thoughts, suggestions/general advice is greatly appreciated!

extreme rage er3
azodin kaos
spyder victor, xtra, pilot, electra
us army carver one, alpha black, project salvo
tippmann 98 custom, a5, bt4

·
WARNING: Anti-Social
330 Posts
If I use a Tippmann, will it improve my ability to make Bryan Gumble look like Malcolm X? (Kudos to who ever gets what that's from)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts