Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Tippmann Q&A Thread! Ask your questions, they will be answered!

12K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  Trbo323 
#1 ·
To see how I can help out, I'm making a Tippmann Q&A thread. Each question I am asked will be edited into this post or the post after this, to make it easier to look and see if the question you wish to ask has already been answered!

I have owned a 98c, and currently own an A-5, I know both of them inside and out.

#4 ·
yeah, that was kinda my thought, I have NO doubt that this will get the exact same questions that are in that thread, but people seem incapable of looking in the locked stickies, as if there's something foreboding about it.

So, unless this takes off in a hurry, don't sticky it. same with my Ion thread.

#5 ·
do tippmanns ever break?

#8 ·
Smart Parts All-american Barrel?

#13 ·
Nobody uses this thread

#19 ·
I keep hearing mixed reviews and comments between the A5 and the X7. Which one performs better?? Or are both equally as good as the custom 98?? I've heard some people say that the mods for the A5 are better than the X7 because they're mostly metal and the ones for the X7 are all plastic. Why is the X7 $100 more than the A5 other than both using the cyclone feeder??

#20 ·
I recently just picked up an A5 with a 3000PSI 72ci HPA Tank. However I do good if I get 400 rounds out of the thing before I'm empty. Is there any way that I can get more rounds out of it before I'm out? I was thinking of getting a co2 tank, but looking at the other threads it sounds like they are not that consistent in accuracy. If you need any other info onm the current setup, plase let me know. Thanks!

#21 ·
E trigger/ E bolt?

so i asked this on the faq and support thread with no reply, so i'll try here...

I have an older model 98c (about 5 years old), not exactly sure what the serial number is because its not at my apartment right now, that i haven't used a whole lot in a few years. I have just gotten into upgrading it and am looking into an ETrigger. I read somewhere that the the ETrigger with the WAS Equalizer board won't fit into some of the older models...But it didnt say whether the APE Rampage board would fit.

my question is that because of my older model, would i be able to drop in an etrigger without many problems? or would i have to try to find an old, used ebolt?

#25 ·
the etrigger will work. as far as I know they didn't change anything about the tippman.
I looked into this further, and apparently Tippmann did change the receiver between the time i bought my gun and now...

which is more or less what my receiver looks like, this will only fit the ebolt kit

the receiver from a custom pro which will accept the egrip

(photos from Can my 98 fit the egrip or ebolt? and also confirmed with the product guide from tippmann.com stating that only the custom pro model will accept the etrigger)

guess i'm outta luck here unless i get a custom pro receiver.

#31 ·
In order to answer this question I have a question of my own...

Does rain or water have the ability to damage or short out an E-Trigger? I mean a little drizzle I don't think would be a problem, but if you say, drop it in a pond or it's pouring buckets, would that mess the E-Trigger up?

If you play almost exclusively woodsball (glad you do, by the way!) and you happen to play or live in an area prone to lots of water, I'd recommend a response trigger. Only thing is that it's similar to a cyclone in that it uses excess air in order to operate. The plus side is that it requires no batteries, thus no electricity is required and you don't have to worry about replacing a battery/ something shorting out.

Personally I'm very paranoid by nature, and secondly, I think electronics belong in hoppers and speedball markers only. For woodsball, to me, it's gotta all be pressure driven because electronics are very delicate and prone to screwing up. And in single games that last as long as multiple games would in speedball, you can't afford for your main marker to mess up due to a board malfunction.
Just my two cents. I've played woodsball games and all my friends who have E99's and Diablo Slayers (not the best electronics to begin with, I know) are constantly walking off the field because their guns keeping 86'ing on them, and my Tippmann 98 almost never gives me any problems, except for a handful of times (about 1 shot every 2000) where the bolt doesn't reset all the way after a shot and I have to cock it back manually.

#24 ·
I'd reccomend no trigger upgrade.
though if you're gonna stick with the tippman as a main marker for your life I see it as acceptable. I'm poruing all sorts of money into my bushmasters because I don't intend on ever using anything else. If that's your case as well get the e-trigger.

#26 ·
question about sights...i was thinking about a red dot scope sight...are there any companies that are supposedly better than others....or like is one more accurate than the other? i'm looking on ebay for like under 20bucks (buy it now + shipping) and i'm skeptical as to whether it's too cheap....

#29 ·
lol

lol that makes me lol

L2 not be stupid

ive even learned that what he said is right dont waist your time with a sight. anyway unless you cut out a part of your mask to be able to aqctually fit your face behind the scope, its to difficult to look with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.