Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I made an agreement with a friend that he will buy me my old Sierra One, and I was thinking on the upgrades he should make to it to make it the ultimate Sierra One. I am selling it to him with a 12oz CO2 tank and a Tippmann Gravity Hopper. I already told him to have the two essential upgrades: 68ci/450opsi HPA Tank, and HALO TOO Loader or VL Vlocity (Don't even say Cyclone Feed System please).

So which uprgrades will you recommend him from this point forward?

PS. Do not even tell me that the Sierra One is not worth upgrading and that he should get a marker of a higher end. He is not looking forward on doing that, plus his dad is not going to let him use more than $1500.00 MXN on a Marker (That is around $150.00 US Dollars) (And when I say on the marker I mean ON THE MARKER ONLY, he can buy upgrades later)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'm going to tell you right now that HPA, a good loader and a new barrel is going to make that Tippmann the best it can get. It isn't anything against Tippmanns it is just how inline blowbacks work they don't have all that much that can be tweaked to coax out a little more performance. I suppose if your friend has some patience a new spring kit and some time with a chronograph can improve efficiency but that is really about it.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has all the patience of the world with this things, he loves this kind of things (tubes, gas lines, bolts and all that stuff). He already told me that he wants this one as his starting marker, but he is only going to buy upgrades that can be used in other markers (like the hopper and tank) and later buy a new one. I believe he is only looking forward on buying an e-grip and stop there with Sierra One only upgrades.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
That's a smart plan. Tippmanns are great as long as you remember that the price of a used stock Tippmann and a used fully upgraded Tippmann is pretty close to the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts