Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a Tippmann SL68 2 Pump Paintball Marker and I would like to know can I use any barrel from any marker on that or can I only use tippmann parts for it.I want to get a really nice long barrel for it and most likely will have to order one from a metal supply company that is the .68 inner dimension and then weld the end of the barrel that the marker come with on to the pipe, but I want to try to avoid that if at all possible
Thanks for any help :ninja:

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
adding a longer barrel will make you use LOTS more air per shot, what's your reasoning for wanting to do this?

it's either the tippman 98 threads, or the A5 threads i would think. check a manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to make a berret .50 out of it and I need to send not only a lot of air, but need to semi rifle the barrel a bit to see if that will allow for a more accurate marker. But I need about a 3ft barrel to mimic the .50 cal

Thanks I will have to look for a barrel for the gun I dont think any of the ones I have seen will work for the custom one

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yeah I guess it would be a bit easier. Have you ever used a pump? On all of my pumps I like using a shorter barrel it makes it a lot easier to keep your marker on target because the pumping action always causes the barrel to jump around a bit. With a 3' barrel I think you are looking at a bit of a nightmare trying to actually use it on the field. If your vision is taking something super accurate like a pump and making a sniper marker out of it I should tell you that pumps aren't any more accurate and your marker will not shoot any further than anything else. You'd be better off looking at a Tiberius marker and running with First Strike rounds that actually do shoot further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts