Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a relative new player ( Been playing for about 4 months). Ive been looking at the alpha black by tippmann and im thinking about getting it. Am i making mistake in getting this specific marker for indoor paintball? Is it totally unheard of? Does anyone prefer this marker over the norm indoor Marker?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The internals are the same as a 98C.

I'd go with a more capable marker for speedball.

I'm going to put together a setup for indoor soon too because the rec games here are not reliable enough to satisfy my desire.

I've been looking at Ion XE's and Proto SLGs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Indoor? For speedball don't get the AB, it is heavy. Even in woodsball a 98 is better. (Upgrades). Speedball I'd say the Ion is wiser.

·
Registered
60 Posts
if u dont use drop forwards and u have the money go with a Invert Mini they are like 324 dollars and get a light and good hpa tank about 130-200 or if u do use drop forwards Ion xe would be ok but i heard they leak a lot or if u have the money get a
F8 FUSION OR etek ego
personall i think tippmanns suck

·
Registered
101 Posts
if u dont use drop forwards and u have the money go with a Invert Mini they are like 324 dollars and get a light and good hpa tank about 130-200 or if u do use drop forwards Ion xe would be ok but i heard they leak a lot or if u have the money get a
F8 FUSION OR etek ego
personall i think tippmanns suck
Minis are like 400$ and you can buy hpa tanks for 60-90$, well the steel ones but they work fine, just a little heavy, your forgetting that if he buys this high end or any high end that hes gonna have to buy a hopper that can keep up, which are like 150$. Your right about the ION XE , they tend to leak and are made of shaddy parts, if you buy an ION,or anything from SP for that matter, expect to buy 200$ worth of upgrades just to make it decent. Also i dont know why you suggesting F8 when they're also 400$ or the etek which is 800$ when you can get VS1 for 180, VS2 250, Fusion LE 290, or the PMR 300

Also, what do you mean by indoor? indoor speedball? or indoor scenario play?

·
Registered
92 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts