Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a Tippman 98 custom. I've upgraded it in a lot of different areas. It was my second gun and a very good choice at that time. But i've been playing paintball for a few years now and have looked into some other guns and bought a new one in place of my 98. The stock parts on the 98 are definatly stock, there's nothing upgraded on the gun. Its barrel is terrible. It is a very bulky gun. I bought a stock and that helps at times and hurt me at times. It is also an EXTREMELY slow gun with a single and even double trigger in my opinion. Many companies have came out with a much better gun then this. If you're a beginner I'd consider the 98 or a5 but I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. It is a very accurate gun (once you get a new barrel)and easy to clean with the field strip and the drop down hopper elbow.

In my opinion if you're going to buy a tippman 98 or even an a5, i'd look for some other guns before them even if you are just a beginner.
Aim: silencetrigger22
Msn: [email protected]

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
About the paint dropping off quickly part-

If a Tippmann is shooting at 300 fps, and any other gun out there is shooting 300 fps, which paintball will have more distance?

The marker and barrel can not affect the paintball once it is in the air. Granted, I find the stock barrel to be pretty horrible, but physics applies to all barrels and markers.

Unless the comparison markers were shooting a higher velocity, it'll all be roughly the same distance. All the guns did chrono in at the same speed, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks...?

My Custom Pro is fantastic. It's as quick as I need it to be, it wasn't designed to match the BPS of $1,000 guns. If you want speed, throw on an e-bolt, halo, and hpa and go to town. The stock barrel is bad, but that's also a given. You can get a good one for under $30 to replace it. Bulkiness is perspective, and a stock sure as hell isn't going to help you if you think it's too bulky. I personally like the size and feel of my Pro. Then again this is a Custom Pro and not a 98 Custom, but I can't imagine there being any massive differences in the earlier model. All in all, Tippmanns are mostly designed as woodsball markers, and it sounds like you bought your 98 thinking you were going to be top dog on the speedball field.

I really don't see any valid points, but what gun did you buy to replace it, if i may ask?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i dunno i just started on this site and i'm working on writing better threads to help people new to the game. I ended up going with the new spyder vs1. people talk a lot of crap about spyders but i think that its a really solid gun and has a lot of great features. I also put a halo b hopper with rip drive and an extened barrel on it. The reason i went with the spyder vs1 was because its probably the best gun on the market (in my mind) that runs on co2. I live about 3 hours away from the nearest nitro fill up so..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts