Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way possible to make a tippmann 98 shoot close to 30 bps with ANY upgrades? im thinking about making a speedball 98 for kicks. any air source is okay.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
no, not really possible unless you chop up the gun... mortisdeum is working on a HIGHLY modified 98 to make it shoot that fast, and has yet to perfect it, so chances are slim.

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
even if you managed to get a marker to that high rof it would freeze up if you were not using compressed air...

mort is doing amazing on his 98 though, and i believe (from what i last remember reading) he got somewhere between 26 and 28 bps...

that's just amazing...

but if you want to shoot that fast there's always the campbel soup mod, but it's called that for a reason...

here's the 'full auto 98' thread, read up and inform your brain!

cecx!

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
For speedball...not worth it in my opinion. Not worth it for woods either really.

Most fields won't allow full auto. And I don't see a way to do this without one of the F/A mods. Unless you install some kinda ramping board, but then again...is it allowed?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could you please elaborate on the soup can mod? possibly a link?

torch i said i was doing it for kicks. im a teenager with a bunch of money in my pocket and i want to blow it off on a speedball tippy, the sky is the limit to what i can do to this thing.

:tup

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
The name "soup mod" implies that the gun will cycle too fast to feed paint. It'll chop it all and make ...well...soup.

Check the super sticky for Mort's thread on full auto. He's good with mods.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
mort is doing amazing on his 98 though, and i believe (from what i last remember reading) he got somewhere between 26 and 28 bps...

that's just amazing...

but if you want to shoot that fast there's always the campbel soup mod, but it's called that for a reason...

here's the 'full auto 98' thread, read up and inform your brain!

cecx!
Come on it's not that amazing :rolleyes: Besides at some point that thread needs to be cleaned up.

Also Mr. Speedy FA has been banned at one of fields for regular play because according to the Ref "That thing is just too *****ing scary for a Tippmann." But I am welcome to bring it for Scenario Games

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even with a halo it will turn into a blender?:confused: TIppmann Effect changed their 98's it a vert feed instead of a side feed. do you know how hard that would be? you would have to cap the side feed somehow and then mill a port on the top for a vert feed....to much work, surely a halo w/ the side feed would get the job donethumup:

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Besides at some point that thread needs to be cleaned up.
PM me if you need posts deleted from it or whatever you need.

even with a halo it will turn into a blender?:confused: TIppmann Effect changed their 98's it a vert feed instead of a side feed. do you know how hard that would be? you would have to cap the side feed somehow and then mill a port on the top for a vert feed....to much work, surely a halo w/ the side feed would get the job donethumup:
With a rufus dawg vert feed kit and a few minutes at a shop or even a competent person with a drillpress the mod is finished. Not that it would feed much faster anyway.

·
Registered
319 Posts
there was once a guy from the t98.com forums....he made a tippy shoot that fast, i believe he put a Q-loader on it and ran it on air, but im telling you, i saw the videos, and yes it is possible, although very hard to do, and takes heavy modifications

the t98 forums are gone now, unfortunatly, sad day for tippy owners, that site owned

RIP t98.com

Edit: the Q loader was bottem feed....yes, anti gravity ball feed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts