Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what is the best Tippmann marker for about $250 or less?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not really sure what kind of guns tippmann offers besides the 98 custom and the a5. But if you had to pick between the two I would definately go for the 98. It cheaper and in my oppion just as good. I own a tippman 98 as well. Another tippman gun that really interests me is the C3 pump gun. It runs on propane and the tank doesnt have to refill for like 30,000 shots or something. Amazing! Also if you are spending 250 dollars. Is the 250 just for the gun or you want a whole setup like air and hopper ect. Becuase if you are going to spend 250 just for the gun there is alot of different and better markers you can choose from.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at spending about 150-200 on the gun, and about 50 or so to upgrade. And what would be better markers for 250 dollars?

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are plenty of good guns in that price range. Talk to other players in your area, checkout what they have and ask them what they like/dislike about their gun. Even ask if they'll let you take a few test shots with it. Then make your decision.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you're going with a Tippmann leave the 98C and look at the A5 or the X7...

however, for $200 you could get a Proto SLG which puts either of those guns in the ground.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the X7 better than the A5? I know it can be customized a lot more ways.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you're going with a Tippmann leave the 98C and look at the A5 or the X7...

however, for $200 you could get a Proto SLG which puts either of those guns in the ground.
Go for the slg like he said. I'm going to be buying a pmr. Just like 50 dollars short atm.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an X-7 that I am very happy with. It's a tad on the heavy side, but it's built like a tank. A remote line helps lighten the load, but a 20 oz. steel tank mounted normally makes it balanced enough that I can comfortably one hand it. I get mad compliments on it at the field.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
A-5>>>>>>>>>>>>>X-7.

The A-5 is lighter, and has just as many performance upgrades than the X-7. the X-7 only has more cosmetic upgrades, and since the A-5 is cheaper, it's better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How does cheaper mean better? And the one thing that is driving me nuts about the SLG is that it needs HPA, and the tanks are about sixty dollars apice for a decent one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not us! We get the 98 Custom for a rental. I want it so I can put add ons to the A-5 (if that's what I get). Just the rental gun isn't super good anyways.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A-5's are good guns. Get an x-7 style hopper for it, so you can see down the barrel easier. After that, there's plenty you can do with them. I think a lot of people avoid the Tippmanns just because you do see them so often as rentals and they want to stand apart from the new players. However, the reason you see Tippmanns so often as rental guns is that they are strong enough to handle that kind of abuse and still work well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My first gun was a Tippy but now I'm all-out speed-ball. How else could you survive if your gun shot 2 bps?
Anyways go for the A-5, my friend has one and there great wood-ball guns!

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Here I come to blow all of your minds away.

Get the 98c, get the 98c get the 98c. i can not push that enough. The reason is simple. It takes a standard hopper.

That cyclone hopper is sure neat, but it's worthless when you get a new marker.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll suggest by saying this:

I have had the 98 Custom for 6 years. Haven't played for the whole 6 years, but the thing has taken a beating and still works like the brand new tippmann 98 my girlfriend just got. Just clean it and lube it every few games and you will never have a problem. This thing is rugged! I have seen other people have so many problems with their marker EVERY DAY they play, I have never had a problem with mine. thumup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah but every single tippman is like that McDizzle.
I know, thats why I recommend it. I only recommend that which I know is good and I have owned before.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
that's a valid point, but you're still paying for a hopper that can only be used on a single marker. Plus if given the chance, I'd gladly use a nice, forcefed hopper with any marker over a gravity fed agitated loader.

Also the A-5 is highly overpriced for the onyl addition over the 98c being the cyclone hopper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
martix agent has a point, you are just paying for a 98c with a little diff cosmetics and hopper that can't work with any other gun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts