Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need tips on how to buy a really cheap car. As long as its runs and it's half decent im fine with it..

My uncle bought a running truck that looked fine for $75, im looking for that type of deal...

any ideas? where, how, etc

thanks

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
lol, if we knew we would have probably bought em, and sold em for more
ask relatives, friends, etc.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, my uncle bougt that $75 truck and sold it to his bud for $200

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
you gotta get lucky. my car should costed me $3-4,000, but i only paid $1500 cash because my family has now bought 7 cars from winnisquam auto, and they treat us right. you guys have any special dealers that would sell you a cash car for cheap?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I got my Tbird for $1k, then got my Mustang for $1k. The stang is in better condition than the Tbird by far tho

·
Registered
895 Posts
Look around real good. Try looking at police impound auctions. My buddy picked up an 86 monte carlo SS for $300. He just had to replace the back window b/c there was a few bullet holes in it. But other then that, It ran and looked great.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
old people... get to know old people some of them have cars they dont want and will sell them cheap my friend got a good car for 100 all it needed was tires.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Well, one thing for sure is that you will not find a nice running car for 75$ unless you know someone, and if that were the case, you wouldn't be asking us for help, so throw that idea out.

Check the classifieds in the paper, www.autotrader.com is good, as well as www.autoshopperonline.com

Pick up an autoshopper magazine, they often have some nice deals in there.

Don't buy from a dealer unless you are related to the owner. You can get a private deal for alot better.

Take a mechanic/someone that knows alot about cars with you when you take a look at a prospective car. Just to make sure nothings wrong, and if there ARE a few details that need to be assessed, you can lower the price.

And last but not least, buy my car thumup:

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
have friends. ask family, etc.

auto auctions are good. also find a company that does car loans. they will often have reposessed cars. We bought a bmw for <800 bux.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I pulled my car out of a guys field for $100 cash. Um, it wasn't running though, or in good condition, didn't look nice either. But about $5,000 later its sweet. Probably not the advice you were looking for though.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
my car was about 1800..Now I'm looking into new motor/exhaust, later new transmission and driveshaft and then a paintjob, not sure of the cost of this but it will be an excellent car.
*right now my car is outta commission.*

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
i paid 100 bucks for my jeep cherokee it ran and was in good shape i got about 450 in it and another 200 ill be good

·
Registered
895 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
my car was about 1800..Now I'm looking into new motor/exhaust, later new transmission and driveshaft and then a paintjob, not sure of the cost of this but it will be an excellent car.
*right now my car is outta commission.*
Dont even bother fixing it. If you get a new engine, full exhaust, tranny, driveshaft, and a professional paint job, you will end up paying around $6000 b/c of the labor. After all that, you could have bought a much nicer car. I understand that you are tight on cash but there is no sense dumping money into a tercel. Just buy something that is reliable and gets you from point A to point B until you save up the money for a new car.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Like I said, I plan to keep this car. I'm going to do all of the engine work like tranny and stuff out of the shop. My step dad and his friends do this sort of thing all the time..I plan to just work on it little by little until it's an awesome car.

My car is just a plinker.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
lol if you want to take an engine out you should get a vw bug lol i have taken the engine and tranny out like 2-3 times and i only drove it once lol so now its sitting in the back yard and i drive a toyota

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
But charger, I have a question for you. Your sig says 69..Even though my car is no where near a charger, it's the basic concept.

Working on a car=satisfaction, saying u did it, buying a brand new car for me is out of the question. Not that were tight on cash, I mean hell, my step dad is driving a tundra *lost the tailgate at talladega from hittin a tree, didn't give two ****s* and my mom drives a brand new tribute*

It's cuz I'd have to pay the payments, not my parents.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts