Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and 4 friends were in my buddy's car driving to toronto today to check out the CanZine fair downtown.. it was really cold this morning and we got right on the highway..

we're on the 401.. the busiest highway in canada.. and in toronto, the busiest section.. so estentially the worst section of highway in canada.. and bam.. rear tire goes instantly flat.. there's zero shoulder.. tire starts exploding and tearing apart.. we're on the second lane from the medium on a 4 lane road..

****ed.

my friends didnt even realize what was going on at first.. they thought he hit a patch of unfinished pavement that makes your car rumble.. the driver obviously knew something was up and yelled wtf.. i told him that his tire just popped and that he needs to get over as soon as he can before we start riding on the bare rim...

cut across 2 lanes.. cars are likely going anywhere from 110 to 140 kilometres and hour.. we had to cut them off.. and pulled over at the zero shoulder.

****ed..

we drive super slow to a turnpike..

none of us wanted to risk changing the tire beside the highway.. flagged down a tow truck.. get off the highway.. wait at Canadian tire for four hours.. get the **** outta there.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
AGD_kid said:
"110 to 140 kilometres and hour"
WTFs a kilometer? when did PBF switch to the metric system?

77 MPH = 125 KPH (for us non metric boys)
Yeah, Um.... Wow...

Sorry to hear that smalls... must have been boring as ****.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I'm just glad you're safe enough to make another fortmaking/drunk thread.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, like we were thinking about it..

it was a rear tire that blew.. it's a front wheel drive car.. had a front tire gone, we'd have wrecked. No doubt in my mind.

(btw, I made a massive fort on the weekend that spanned from my bed to my room mates.. he had a door and everything.. no pictures though)

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
TREADJACK!!! (another car related/near death experience)

i saw a head on collision tonight.....well, it was from about a mile or so away. it was dark out and i was just driving along this country "highway". in the distance i saw a car brake and then lights went in some wierd directions and flickerng and such. when i got up there, traffic was already stopped (both ways) and there was a demolished truck taking up most of the road and another unidentifiable vehicle off in the ditch. i think to myself....wow, if my wife hadnt run out of the house just before i left to give me another kiss, there's a good possibility i could have been involved.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
D_Smalls said:
cut across 2 lanes.. cars are likely going anywhere from 110 to 140 kilometres and hour.. we had to cut them off.. and pulled over at the zero shoulder.
I'm sorry, I don't speak Canadian, could you translate?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shat=flat.. or at least where he finally stopped

and yes, we do have highways..

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
oooh in the first pic I see a golf course in the lower right-hand corner..... lol.

was the pinned point where the tire blew, or where you came to a stop?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts