Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I recently picked up a red 1995 subaru impreza L coupe. Runs decent, got 140ish thousand on it, 1.8L, front wheel drive, pretty basic edition. My only plans for it are a stereo system(have a sub and amp already, just need speakers and possibly a headunit), and tires/rims. The only thing power wise I would even think of doing would be an STi swap, but those are well, quite expensive, and the current 1.8l, i dont really see worth the money.

I cant really decide what i want for rims. I was thinking something along the lines of the stock STi rims, but I'm not really sure. I've been browsing NASIOC and a few other sites to get an idea, but I cant decide so I'd like some suggestions, my only requirement is NO BLACK RIMS. They always remind me of winter tires/donuts unless they are on a black vehicle.

I'd post pictures, but right now the car has a rather sizeable dent in the fender and a destroyed headlight. I suppose thats what happens when you hit a deer at 60mpg:rolleyes: .

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
I kind of like Motegi MR7's.

I was gonna get a set for my 626 until I realized that no matter how much money I could pump into it, it would still be a lame family car.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahha me either. I wish I were getting 60mpg, but im quite happy with 30 :).

And I know it could be money better spent, but i like my car, and this will be the extent of mods I do to it, unless of course i win the lottery, in which case it will get an STi swap, but I dont really see that happening :p.

Those motegi's are nice, but I'm not sure how they'd look. Any other input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The STi swap is a joke, this thing isnt getting any performance mods, just rims and stereo. If i actually won the lottery, I'd buy a real STi.

FWD does fine in the snow anyway, sucky thing is that in 96 they made AWD standard, and mines a 95 :(

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
While rims next to tint is the last thing i did to my car, i disagree. It improved my cars look and stance so much.
Lol, and what do you drive? Pics, NAO.

Just sell your car and get a regular impreza. Payments are like 250 a month. If I had no other bills I could pay that working at McDonalds.
EXACTLY. Who has anything else to pay for besides car payments???

BTW thats 20 hours a week at Mikey D's to pay for a "regular" impreza!!

That would be a great choice.....

Guess what?

:dodgy:

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Just sell your car and get a regular impreza. Payments are like 250 a month. If I had no other bills I could pay that working at McDonalds.
If I had no other bills I would have bought a 2000+ F150 instead of buying a $400 motor from a junkyard to put in my Ford Ranger.

But then you figure insurance...
...and gas...
...and repairs...
...registration, cell phone bills, college, food, fun, travel, more college...

That $250 starts to seem like $2,500.

-Jin

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets not forget the fact that you would be paying $250 a month for what, 5, 6 years? I pay $25 a week for a year and I'm done. I could have bought the car outrite, but my dad dad said I needed to experience paying bills.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts