Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i have finally seen the light and decided to save up for a trix!
So what do you think i should get a TMC or DYE trix (with the smaller rocket2 lpr).
Also tell me why i should get one or the oher (pros and cons of each)

also different subject but i gotta throw it in how often do your trixs break down, or never.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just traded my cocker for a trix, lovin' it. A LOT less recoil, just rip all day long. Get a Dye Trix, comes with eyes. I'm going to have eyes installed on my baby.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
You dont need the lcd.....the lcd in the long run is a waste of money. When you get tadao(if you do) then you wont have the lcd screen. And you can get a new lpr....not that big a deal.

·
Registered
428 Posts
my friend is going through this same dispute. we finally decided dye. reason one is that the new dye lpr kicks ass and u dont have to set it everytime u play. reason 2 is the customer service of dye has got to be better than tmc. prolly.maybe. just a little. or a lot, not sure tho. reason three, they are the same price depending on where u get em (825 for both at tmc) and the dye has an lcd. and all that other better stuff.

now for the reasons tmc might be better:

trauma/tmc eyes (im not sure if they really are better, or i just think they are from the name)

the nice anno's

thats about it. overall, i say dye. i had a dye, i loved it until i broke it. dont worry about breaking it. i just messed up the regs a little. just a little advice; DONT FIX WHAT'S NOT BROKEN. that should help a lot with the new trix. and i hope my post helped out.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
get the TMC

TMC has ALOT better service then dye. And the gun comes stock w/ the TMC eyes and a tadao 1.1 board (the only difference between 1.1 and 4.0 is the connectors on the board). Tadao = Alot faster then the stock dye board and automaticly sets Front and back pulse

PLUS, the TMC comes w/ the TMC LPR on it which blows the POS dye reg. outta the water. The only 2 regs i'd use on a trix are an AKA or a TMC LPR

Get the TMC, it's alot better then the dye,. trust me

·
Registered
428 Posts
wtf is a tmc lpr? get ur facts straight bro. first of all, its a pbc lpr. and the dye lpr blows the pbc outta the water. second, how do u know its a tadao board? it just says LED. not saying ur wrong about the board, i just havent seen it. but i am saying ur wrong on the lpr. and im also not sure about the service. dye service owns. they'll send u virtually any part that broke on ur dm4. not sure about the tmc service, but u may be right. but the lpr is a pretty big deal. but if it is a tadao 1.1, then get the tmc. if its just an led board, then dye.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would say tmc all the way but sometimes (rarely) i play at my friends house, so i would have to set the lpr without a chrono, is that possible?
the new dye lpr you just set once and its good for a long time

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
No,it's not possible to set the lpr without a chrono. However the lpr doesn't affect your fps drastically nor do you have to set your lpr every time you play. The lpr is mainly to prevent chops in non-eyed Matrices and improve your efficiency.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
TMC comes w/ tadao 1.1 bro. its basically an egi board. the pbc lpr is awesome, the new dye/aka lpr isnt all the much better, just a little more user friendly. the TMC trix is definitly a MUCH better deal. it rips the **** out of a dye out of the box due to the sick ass board. tadao=best board ever made (especially if urs ramps :))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts