Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that I'm getting transferred to Ramstein AB, which is awesome but now I got to find out where I can paintball and what I have to do to be able to play.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well after reading some laws and what not it doesn't sound very peachy for a paintball player. I mean these are from a year or so back and I will have to get ahold of people that are there and play but damn. It just sounds like a huge hassle and I don't even know if I'm legally aloud to bring them now. I just bought a new 68/4500 and the proton. Ugh

Edit: It sounds like the majority of military members just kind of do there own thing even if its technically "illegal". Apparently its only illegal when they want it to be. So screw getting that F stamp and just hope I can get my stuff shipped here with the bulk of my items.

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Germany to ban paintball after massacre | World news | guardian.co.uk

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20090514-19275.html

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1245377

wikipedia said:
Germany
In Germany, paintball is restricted to players over 18 years of age. Paintball markers are classified as weapons that do not require a license or permit; they are legal to buy and use, but restricted to adults. In May 2009, reacting to the Winnenden school shooting, German lawmakers announced plans to ban games such as paintball as they allegedly trivialised and encouraged violence but the plans were retracted a few days later. Most Indoor-Paintball-Areas in Germany have a strict "No-Mil-Sim"-Policy, meaning that no camouflage clothing or real-life looking markers are allowed.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Germany
Most Indoor-Paintball-Areas in Germany have a strict "No-Mil-Sim"-Policy, meaning that no camouflage clothing or real-life looking markers are allowed.
I'd love it if fields around here banned milsim.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I was going to chime in that I'm pretty sure germany counts paintball markers as a controlled firearm and you need a license to own and operate one. Transporting it is also a big pain.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have read, but its weird because they hold Millennium tournaments in Germany... which means 300 fps. So it seems just odd

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Yeah. I've heard its very strange and a little tough/annoying for the players getting to the event. Air tanks and markers get looked at pretty intensely.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Poor mil-sim guys. Personally paintballs always fulfilled a juvenile Halo fantasy rather than any Call Of Duty-esque desire. I like colored guns and shiz. So Eggs you gonna get into regular ol recball once u get settled?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan to, but it sounds like there might be a group trying to form a team. I don't think I'm at the competing level yet but it would be good to practice with active people.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Sounds like you lucked out if you can get past your legal uncertainties lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts