Discussion Starter #4
Definitly.
If anyone would like, the ultimate Tool resource:
toolshed.down.net

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Tool ****ing pwns.

Laterlus is such a great album, it's insane the amount of depth and meaning that is in each song. Like even just the fact that some of the songs' lyrics are arranged in a Fibonacci sequence is so freakin' cool.

Tool is one of the few modern bands that still put thought and meaning into each and every note they play. <3 for them.

-Jin

·
Registered
222 Posts
yeah, maynard is a messed up dude, but has such a powerful voice. He definitely put that band where they are

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't necessarily say that he put them where they are, I'd say they all did really.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Good recordists but the live show sucks if you didn't get an up close spot, not a whole lot of stage presence and a lot of songs just aren't good live.

When is the new cd going to come out? Like 2 years ago?

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
I like tool, they have a unique sound

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Gabriot said:
Good recordists but the live show sucks if you didn't get an up close spot, not a whole lot of stage presence and a lot of songs just aren't good live.

When is the new cd going to come out? Like 2 years ago?
Tool is ****ing insane live. Atleast they were when I seen them like 3 years ago in NIN.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Barber said:
Tool is ****ing insane live. Atleast they were when I seen them like 3 years ago in NIN.
I'm sure they could potentially be very good live, and reguardless it would be good if you were in the pit because they are such long songs, but like I said I got stuck in seats. When I went maynard had his side to the audience the whole time and didn't move from his position the entire concert, just stood there and crouched slightly every now and then. The same went for the other members of the band besides the fact that they actually faced the audience.

Maybe I just went on an off day, but it just didn't impress me.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I've never been to a Tool concert, but I've seen a few that I downloaded. While I have no doubt that they are good and sound/play good, I can see what Gabriot is saying. They don't seem like the type of band that would go crazy at concerts and have a lot of spectacle. They seem to be more about the song and the lyrics/music, so I can see why they would just stand there and focus on playing.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying I could see that being the case.

-Jin

·
Registered
222 Posts
aenima rocks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts