Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yes ir esently got my own tippy 98 gun

and i am to scared to clean it. like i dont want to take it apart because i dont want to brake it or stuff it up there for not being able to fix it making the gun useles.

·
No user title
273 Posts
It's not that hard. Just make sure that you keep track of all the parts as you're taking them out. Refer to the picture in your manual for extra help. Or post here if you get into trouble. Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would say just be careful of you trigger spring and front sight(keep your feed neck on to eliminate this problem). they like to jump all over the place.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just get your owners manual open to the exploded diagram of your guns internals, lay out a large towel and open the thing up. Use a baggy or tupperware for the easy to lose parts:

trigger spring, saftey button, trigger pins, sear spring, and ball detent.

Keep the feedneck on, or the tensioner spring on the front sight release will pop out when the gun is in half. KEEP THE FEEDNECK ON. YOU CAN CLEAN IT WITHOUT RELEASING IT.

Its really easy, man. Once you do it a few times you'll see it is a cakewalk.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You should always open it with the "Tippmann 98 Custom" facing you. ALWAYS. Never remove the 2 screws opposite of those words, those hold your valve in place and you could really screw up a nice gun by losing one of those screws. Speaking of which, keep your screws in ONE SPOT -- not hangin' around everywhere.

Just a few tips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts