Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear what anyone thinks the top 3 mods to make to an A5 would be........barrel, HPA, EGrip, collapsible stock, milsim mods for looks?

Should be interesting responses.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I still had my tippmann I would add the RT without a doubt. Along with an RT I would of course upgrade the barrel to 12-16 inches for better accuracy. Those are the only 2 upgrades I highly suggest. It all depends what direction you wanna go in modding it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bottle

did you start out on HPA system or on CO2? What would you say about the 48/3000 bottle you use vs CO2. I'm thinking of going with the RT or EGrip and I've heard you need the HPA if you do that sort of thing....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I never hooked my Tippmann up for compressed air. You can run the rt on CO2 and it will be fine. Using compressed air will always be better for your gun and better for performance.

A 48/3000 bottle is basically equivalent to a 12oz CO2 tank. If you have the money then pick up a bigger bottle so it will last you longer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to show you what I know....the 48 refers to the size, right? The 3000 is the psi rating?

When you say they're the same, are you saying that it is about the same amount of air as a 12oz CO2?...or size of the tank?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
That's right, 48 is the cubic inches of air it will hold. 3000psi is the pressure it can be filled to.

He means that it'll produce about the same amount of shots a 12 ounce CO2 will. The tank will be slightly bigger than a 20 Ounce CO2, however.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks to Torch and the_real_kaz. Simple and direct.

I've heard that running CO2 through the E-Grip will freeze things up a bit when you increase the number of rounds b/c it's not as clean of an air source. Any thoughts on that?

I purchased a 14" barrel (which made an incredible accuracy difference) for my A5 and I'm still running CO2. I believe the one mod that is staring me in the face is the automatic fire capability.

We play woodsball and there is a lot of strategy and stealth. However, when it's on, it's on. That's where the option to intimidate and wipeout people would come in handy with the E-Grip......

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I have the WAS board in my 98. It works just fine on CO2. The gun never froze, even in cold conditions like 40 degree spring days in Wisconsin. I did put an Expansion chamber on the gun later, that made it a little more consistant and reduced the chance of it freezing up even more. You shouldn't have a problem.

You shouldn't use full auto, at any game. Instead go to a burst mod or something like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stay away from the a5a2!
It's only an a5 with a stock, cheap plastic handgaurd, and a less crappy barrel.
They want $400 for the whole setup. SpecOps can suck my hairy cock!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just my lowly opinion but the most effective mods I have seen, and I have spent a lot of money testing, has been the Palmers high pressure regulator (running CO2) and a brass barrel.

My a-5 currently has the E-Grip, Palmers Regulator, Brass Barrel, and a longer front grip. I have tons of barrels and other mods sitting in the wastebasket. (not really ;) just not using them)

With the regulator you can achieve much more consistency, accuracy, and use less air, especially in a woodsball setting. The gun is also slightly quieter at the lower pressure as well. Palmers also makes a regulator for your LP setups if thats what you have. Where I live prohibits me from using LP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
top A-5 mods

I concur...I own an A-5 Assault and it already came with adjustable stock, flatline barrel and remote line. I have the Vortex Mod, lightening rod and the new WAS board 2007 and it is capable of 30 rounds a sec...no paint chopping but at that speed it does miss a shot once in awhile. I dont run it that fast as I set it to 25 bps and no chopping or missing shots.

The only other thing I would add is a Beoranged Howitzer bolt.

Pcfuzion

1 - 13 of 13 Posts