Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone here use bittorrents?

Our dc++ hub just got shutdown by the university (assholes) and im trying to find an alternate method. Ive talked to a lot of people and they recommended it, but no ones really seems to know how to use it or where to start.

Any advice?

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
A friend of mine downloads constantly from a bittorrent, I think its called Supernova, I haven't tried it yet, because I haven't had time to try and set it up. Best I can do for you for now.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I tried to do that but it was way way way too confusing. I just stick to the free MP3 sites. It works well enough.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
What you do is google bit torrent and download it from the site.
Then you install it (Theres no GUI so don't bother looking)
Then goto suprnova.org ORG! DAMNIT! then click search, and search for your movies, albums apps, and games. Usually the ones with the highest numbers or seeds and dloaders are fastest.
Suprnova is pretty consistant but occasionally and error will popup talking about how somethings wrong with the tracker. Just click another download.

litezone.com has some links to some other pretty consistant sites.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
BitTornado (client) - www.bittornado.com
Websites - www.suprnova.org www.torrentbits.org
Steps - 1. Download BitTornado
2. Install Bit Tornado
3. Set up folder on desktop named "Torrents" or something
4. Go to either of the websites I provided
5. Find what you want to download
6. Right click, save target as
7. Double click on your newfound .torrent file
8. Sit back and let it download.
10. Profit

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
comerade is right. its supernova.ORG there are 2 or 3 knockoff sites like supernova.com that actually try to charge you to connect and DL torrents. get the bittorrent program at bittorrent.com i want one of their shirts. check em out. "give and ye shall receive" don't dl prophet's version, go w/ the origional, bittorrent.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Uh, why not? BitTornado is a better, faster client. The original is plagued with bugs that Shad0w fixed in BitTornado. It's a lot faster, and doesn't allow leechers to an extent. Normally, second source programs are better than the original because someone saw problems with the original, and took the initiative to fix them.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
Uh, why not? BitTornado is a better, faster client. The original is plagued with bugs that Shad0w fixed in BitTornado. It's a lot faster, and doesn't allow leechers to an extent. Normally, second source programs are better than the original because someone saw problems with the original, and took the initiative to fix them.
Correct you are. Almost all (and there's a lot of them) of the Bittorrent revisions are better than the original. BitTornado is ok; personally I prefer Bittorrent experimental.

Anyone using Shareaza for torrents shouldn't be allowed to use the internet. Actually, anyone using Shareaza shouldn't be allowed to own a computer.

BZ - I may try and get you on AIM later tonight if you're on and make sure you've got everything working. I know some good content-specific resources to pull torrents from.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
ahh my bad prophet. didn't realize that they had fixed all the bugs. i'll check it out when i get the chance. btw, bittorrent has measures to prevent leeching.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I use suprnova.org with good ole bit torrent works fine for what I use it for so Im not gonna bother dling another one. It seems like it would just get messed up.

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
allstarunited said:
BZ - I may try and get you on AIM later tonight if you're on and make sure you've got everything working. I know some good content-specific resources to pull torrents from.
sounds good man, aim= mightymikey24

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright, well torrentbits says that the account # max has been reached so I can't sign up for it until delete some inactive accounts, and I get this error message eveytime i try to dl something from supernova...

Internet Explorer could not download *file name*.torrent from *IP address*
The server returned and invalid or unrecognized response.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts