Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

i got a tippmann 98 for christmas, and of course, on the day after i took it apart.
it's new, and of course in good condition. the only things that maight be considered "wrong" with it is that one of the pins below the seer pin is a replacement, and not from tippmann. also, the AC upper spring is bent in one place, but the bent part in concealed within the cup.

NOW; the problem.
when i fire it, it fires 6 or so times, when i do some adjustments i can get it as low as two...but no matter how many it fires, it will NOT RE-COCK. so everytime i pull the trigger i have to cock again.

please help, i've read through this and every other forum and done everything it's said to do for similar problems...

thanks in advance,
-MetalheaD

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
trade it in for a Spyder.

Your sear might be in bad condition, I've seen some of the newer Tippmann's go bad pretty quick once the Tippmann company was bought out by someone else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trade it in for a Spyder.
oh that was....profoundly helpful.
not.

i LIKE tippmann, and i'm very pleased with the markers, i've used them on more than one occasion, and my seer is in perect condition. it's only had about 10 rounds put through it for pete's sake!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
negative. i read it twice. that's why i threw in the bit about my seer being in perfect condition--perhaps you forgot to read the rest of my post. =)

UPDATE: it only shoots one at a time now...woo-freaking-hoo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts