• I'm drunk!

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my tough decision. The International Z Car Convention is coming up, and it's in Syracuse, which is sort of near me. Now I wanted to go and do the hot laps at Watkins Glen race track, but it's way too much money. My local Z Car Club president told me he could waive the registration fees for me and let me go to the car show for free.

So all I would have to pay is the gas there and back.

However, I'm supposed to work that day (August 17th), and I will already be missing a day of work on August 23rd. That means I'm out about $60 as it is, and if I go to the convention, I'll be out another $60. I want to save as much money as I can this winter, and in the spring buy a Twin Turbo 300ZX.

Now I got to decide if I should spend the money for gas (about $35-$40) and go to the car show, or skip it and save my money. Oh yeah, the part that makes this even harder - Mr. Katayama will be there, who is the designer of the original Z car. I don't know if I"d ever be able to meet him again, as he's old and obviously coming from Japan.

Help me decide.

-Jinjiro

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i'd go man... work and money'll always be there when ya get back.. and a couple weeks or whatever longer you'd have to wait in spring to get the money for a tt'd 300zx, i think it'd be worth it to go

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
i'd go........working is for people with ambition........jk
but really, id go work with always be there the car show wont.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Why would u miss this? I doubt u'll ever get another chance as good as this one. Look $120 is nothing when buying a car, and u will have plenty of time to make that up.

If u have any more doubt, just think about doing hot laps.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Barber said:
You are the chosen one.
OMG I win?

I want to know who voted "STFU no one cares" :sly:

Well I think I'm going to talk to my parents and inform the ZCCR president I'll probably be tagging along.

Things To Bring:
1.)Money
2.)Digital Camera (with empty 256MB card for mucho-pics)
3.)Sharpie
4.)Something for Mr. Katayama to sign
5.)Perhaps a friend? We'll see...

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. Thanks for helping me put things in perspective.

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bobide said:
BATTERIES!! What use is a big memory card if u can't turn on the camera.
Touche, I shall charge that sucker for a week.
Of course I need to get the stupid thing working.

...I was going to say something else, and then I went out to my car...and I forgot.

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DaBluedevil said:
Oh, and I was up by you today, 5 hours there and 5 hours back just to visit RIT.
Woah....Weird...I work at RIT. I was there from 8:30 until 5:30. What all did you get a tour of? Did you go to look at anything specific?

-Jin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts