Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Tourney rules - eliminations...?

767 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Barcode711 
#1 ·
General rules are that a player is eliminated when a splatter by a direct or indirect paintball (bounced off of something, broke when it bounced and hit the player) leaves a quarter-sized or larger mark on a player. However, if the judge witnesses the indirect splatter, the player is not eliminated.
If somehow a player were marked from the paint of a barrel break, would it count as a direct hit under the rules?

#2 ·
as in someone shooting your barrel? or your gun breaking paint in the barrel? If it is a shot to the barrel, then yes that is part of your equipment, if from you barrel breaking paint no you are not considered eliminated. Just swab your gun n go.

#4 ·
I can't really imagine a situation where that would realistically happen. If you're that close, just unload on him; you're bound to get a handful out of the barrel intact. I don't really know if that would count, splatter doesn't normally count but it's still coming out of a barrel; my best guess is that it would be up to ref discretion.

#6 ·
Well, if it's going to cause mass confusion, I might as well cancel my custom project.
I was going to make a shotgun out of a paint pistol, the idea being that a small profile and ability to cover a big area with spray from a paintball would make a good defensive weapon in case of bunkering.
My thinking?
Opponent runs down side. You know he's coming for a bunker. You just stick out the paint pistol. He can't hit it because it's too small of a target compared to a full marker with a big hopper, but you can hit him because you don't need to look down the gun to aim spray.

I might buy a paint pistol this summer anyway if this defensive strategy would work...it's definitely not practical, but if it can work...why not?
For that matter...what do you guys think?

#7 ·
They wouldn't allow that in a tourney; even if they did, you can only carry one setup a time. That would be kind of silly to have a gun that's only useful within a couple feet. Plus, it's a whole lot simpler to just... shoot them normally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.