Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I recently received a Toxic Double Trigger for my 98c and I installed it (I cut the grips, no problem with that). With the trigger I received a DOP Rocket Cock II, and that was also simple to install. The problem is: when I attached a Co2 tank to my gun, i cocked it and dry fired it once. After that one shot it didn't shoot any other times. I recocked it, and although the trigger will go back, it won't fire (and the safety is not on). I took out the 2 long pins holding the bolt pin, and it was cocked. I had removed the trigger slider spring and trigger slider from the old single trigger and put it on the new one. The gun cocked and shot fine without the Co2 tank screwed in... anyone know what the problem might be :?: :!:

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
63 Posts
did you install the return spring, or the sear/sear spring correctly if not it wont fire right or at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its recocking fully, and I believe I installed the sear/sear spring correctly (I took off the double trigger and reinstalled the single trigger to see if that worked, and it did. The rocket cock worked correctly with the single trigger, so I know that its not the problem)

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'm pretty sure you installed it right too. There's not many ways that it can be done wrong to the point it won't work.

Well, I guess you can try narrowing it down then. Does the double trigger work without the rocket cock installed? I don't see why it would be a problem right off hand, but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it does not work even with the Rocket cock off. After trying out different things (including diff co2 tanks, removing the trigger frame, switching around pins, and comparing pin location on single and double triggers) I've come to the conclusion that the actual double trigger is the problem. I found out that after the first dry shot (in which it didn't shoot afterwards) when I pushed the trigger towards the front of the gun, and then fired, it worked 1 out of 3 trigger pulls). Maybe I needed a longer spring that would put more force on the trigger to place it to where I can fire it repeatedly (or so i thought), so I tried installing a pen spring but I couldn't it down to where it would still be longer than the original spring, and also fit into the slot. But no matter what I did I could not cut through it. I'm thinking that firing with co2 "moves" a pin or spring around inside the gun, because it shot fine with out co2 (cocking, firing, and recocking).

Sorry if this all sounds confusing, its kind of hard to explain :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts