Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back, and OH MY SWEET SWEET GOD!!! THREE absolutely AMAZING hours of musical bliss. The first two hours or so was this long Christmas story, complete with a narrator and lots of sweet kick-ass songs. The next hour was a mix of actual songs (Rock & Roll by Zeppelin, for example) and some songs they made/re-did.

There was a plethora of sick guitar solos, an AMAZING drum solo, pyrotechnics, lasers & strobes, and also a double neck guitar. It was definitely worth the $52 a ticket (got one for the girl too, so $104 :hug:)

I highly suggest going to see them if they're ever near you. It was truly a kick-ass time.

-Jin

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
I am going to see them in next Friday in Moline. I can't wait. My parents went last year and said it was awesome. The 8 p.m. show was sold out when my parents bought tickets though, so we are going to the 3 p.m. show.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Jealous. The manager at Coldstone (where I work) went and he said it was amazing. He said the lightshow was prolly at least $10 million. Next year I'm definetly going...

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
My friend told me about them 3-4 years ago, and I just recently looked into them. They're pretty good.

I saw that the house with the fancy lights used their music for the video, so I looked into them more and I'm quite pleased.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Yay! Concert it tomorrow!

Me and my dad are leaving at around 11 a.m. tomorrow so we can get something to eat on the way there and be there early. Going to the 3 p.m. show and we are going to stay the night...gonna be sweet. I wonder if the hotel will have wireless internet that I can tap into on my PSP. lol.

Can't wait.

·
Registered
222 Posts
ive seen em every year for the past 4 or 5 years. i live in cleveland, and thats where they got big, so they come here all the time and put on an amazing show. highly recommended

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Im on my psp. lol. Hotel has wireless.

anywho, show was awesome. gonna go to dinner now.

will post more when home tomorrow. this took like 10 mins. to write since Im on my psp.

EDIT: OK, so I am finally back at my house so I figured I would update.

The light show, holy crap, flat out awesome. One of the guitarists (Angus Clark) and the violinist chick from London (Anna Phoebe) came out into the crowd and got up close and personal with the fans. She stood about 10 feet away from me in the isle rockin' out on her violin. How she plays that thing, you would think her damn arm would get tired after the 2nd or 3rd song...but nope, she was going nuts on it the entire show.

Al Pitrelli is one of the best guitarists ever. Some of the stuff he was playing was just nuts.

The drummer (forget his name) was awesome too. His solo was incredible.

It was just an all around great show. The show lasted close to 3 1/2 hours...well worth the $50+ for each ticket. They did a couple songs from an album they are working on right now and did quite a few from their previous albums.

If you haven't seen these guys in concert before...you should. When they do the flame throwers...even if you are a good 75-100 feet away (about the distance I was from them), you can still instantly feel the heat from them. My sister was in the section closest to the flames and said it felt like they were a foot away from a bonfire.

I know I am going to one of their shows next year. Amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts