Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinda transmission do you guys have? I've got manual on my Honda S2000 and I just got a short throw shifter installed.

·
Registered
561 Posts
3sp automatic

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Got a brand new 5-speed auto in the explorer. I like driving stick, but it just isn't practicle around here. Way too much stop and go (all NYC style driving). How do you like the S2000 ? I squeezed myself (and I do mean squeezed) into my friends and drove it around a bit. Drives nice but needs to rev pretty high to get all the power out of it, I liked how you can't go past the redline though, it basically stops you from going any higher. Kinda weird, I never have seen that in a car before. I guess it makes sense though.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
5 speed manual, i like it on open roads, but around where i live, its all lights and stop sighns, and i sure wish i could just push the gas and go, and i wish i could eat or drink, but no, i have to shift.

i dont mind it that much tho, its just it hasnt become second nature for me yet, so i still have to think about what im doing

·
Ballin Up the EAST COAST
158 Posts
i usually drive my 4runner, its an automatic... but i get to drive my brothers lexus IS 300 since he is at college and he cant bring his car...its 5speed manual

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
my neon is auto, the roadrunner i am looking at is also auto. i was thinking about stripin the tranny (its in bad shape BTW) on the roadrunner and puttin a manual in there. i am not the greatest at speed shifting, actally i suck at it, but it is more fun to drive auto. i just have no clue how to mod it for a manual, lol. i stay far away from the tranny, its scary

·
Registered
824 Posts
manual it is way better but i also enjoy stick.

·
Registered
421 Posts
turbo 350(3 speed automatic)- Chevelle
5 speed manual - SRT4
BTW- The thing that wont let you go past the redline is called a rev-limiter, and like all new cars have them

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
countryaccent said:
The thing that wont let you go past the redline is called a rev-limiter, and like all new cars have them
Yea, but even most new cars will let you go a little bit past and many have a fuel cutoff, but the 2000 will stop you right at the limit and keep you there as long as you like.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
The older fuel cut off im used to is a pain in the @#$, it causes the car to buck and possible stall if your ot carefull. The rev limiter idea is much better.:)

·
Registered
421 Posts
yeah I like rev limiters in racing. YOU can floor it until redline and dump the clutch for one hell of a burnout

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
countryaccent said:
yeah I like rev limiters in racing. YOU can floor it until redline and dump the clutch for one hell of a burnout
hells yea, i love doing that in the morning when pulling out of my driveway, it pisses my dad off tho. The rev-limiter has never been a problem with me tho.

doomsday-i LOVE my s2000, it's such a smooth riding car, and it's a major babe magnet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts