Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion about the Triumph by Tippmann. From what I read about it, it is geared towards younger beginners. My 10 year old wants to start pbing with me, and I was thinking about this marker. What does everyone think about it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Buy a Model 98. Not much more money and lots more potential. A M98 will last him years and has upgrades out the wazoo to evolve with his game.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
At the end of the day, the Triumph is the Internals from a 98 Custom inside a new plastic body.

Depending on which model you chose it'll be basic, or have an extra front grip, or have an electric trigger system.

All of these are available for the 98C or Custom pro.

Nothing wrong with it really, it'll work as advertised. I would rather have a 98 though because the family has been around forever and well...the body is metal.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
At the end of the day, the Triumph is the Internals from a 98 Custom inside a new plastic body.

Depending on which model you chose it'll be basic, or have an extra front grip, or have an electric trigger system.

All of these are available for the 98C or Custom pro.

Nothing wrong with it really, it'll work as advertised. I would rather have a 98 though because the family has been around forever and well...the body is metal.
And because you can throw them into a rive, pick it up, and it'll still shoot perfect. Haha, Model 98's are the paintball gun closest related to rock, you can do anything to them, and they'll still shoot. Like these two have suggested, I'd get the model 98 over the triumph, just because of the name and they're beastliness...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. Being made by Tippmann, I figured it would be a good marker. But, as the saying goes, "like father like son" the 98 Custom it will be. He'll be thrilled anyway because he loves my 98 Custom!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The triunphs are possibly the ugliest paintball guns I have ever laid my precious eyes upon. They do resemble the covanent guns from Halo though! That's something to think about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Playing last night I saw the true potential of the 98 Custom.

Guy had the following upgrades:
- Double trigger E-grip with WAS board
- LPR kit
- Freak
- Vertical hopper mod with Halo B
- PPS regulator

He was shooting ropes with the thing and the accuracy and consistency were just disgusting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think that....
=

Or is it just me?
:eek: So that is where that idea came from....

Yeah, I think getting that 98C for your son is a good idea. I am thinking of getting one for my GF's daughter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts