Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i put the trigger in i cant get the safety pin to go through because the pin on the back of the trigger keeps hitting the thin metal piece inside the frame and the trigger is just stiff. anyone have any experience with these or have better directions on how to put it in?

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you show some pics we might be aboul to help you out

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer but i just ended up bringing it downtown to get worked on. They called me and told me something was broken on the trigger itself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ooooooo ok good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im having problems installing mine as well. Ive spent several hours on this so far and I am ready to kill. The install itself is easy. I have taken it in and out 50 times and changed settings continously. I can sometimes get it to work but it definitely doesnt work like some have said it should. Its like it doesnt respond to my fingers fast enough to walk with any speed. Also I can get the safety back in but it doesnt function anymore.

I should add to that.. the safety can move left and right but it doesnt really stop the trigger at any point.

Does anyone have any settings they could share or maybe something I am missing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
is there anyone with any advice on the setup of this thing? I gave up and just threw the single back for a game a few days ago because at least it works. I am now messing with the JCS again as I have a game in a few hours. It seems like I have gone through the entire range on both screws 20 times over and just cant get it to do anything. Ive spent many hours on this "simple" project. The install is very easy thats not what Im asking about, its actually getting the trigger to function... like where the screws should be set.

Also the safety has never been able to function with this trigger.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i know alot about triggers, since i to have had a similar problem, make sure thiers nothing blocking it, try removing/adding some of the screws that are in the trigger mechanism itself,(The small silver ones) how is not functioning EXACTLY. is the saftey not working, does it fire on release...does it shoot? do u have an egrip? get some pics up and ill probably be able to help u with this better

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok Ill work on the pics for this afternoon. For now I can go into more detail with the description.

Its a JCS (obviously) duel trigger being installed on an A5 E-Grip. I can put the trigger into the E-Grip and install it on the gun without a problem. I have done it 100 times by now. I just cant seem to find the right settings on the trigger to have it actually function like some forum members are describing. Oh and about the safety... yes, I can get it in, but it never has functioned with the JCS trigger. It can be on or off and it doesnt stop the gun from firing.

Sometimes the trigger will fire on release, sometimes its stiff, sometimes its better.

It seems to me that the sensitivity screw (the one you can access when the gun is assembled) is a VERY fine adjustment. Last night I placed the stock single trigger over the JCS and tried to place the metal object on the JCS as close to the position of the rear of the single trigger. This ended up getting me much closer to something that I thought was working pretty well.

Like I said before the sensitivity screw seems to be very fine but I got it to a place where it tripped the trigger with fluid motion, no hangups, and very short pull. I still cant walk it very fast but that may be me as Im no pro.

So I put some CO2 on the gun and fired it a few times (less than 10) rapidly. Needless to say the trigger quit functioning properly. Its as though the action of the gun firing upset the settings on the trigger. I didnt even bother playing with the sensitivity screw again as I just laid the gun down and called it a day.

Obviously I dont want to carry the allen wrench around with me and make adjustments to my trigger after every 15 shots.

Ive read nothign but good about the JCS, is there something Im missing here?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i brought mine downtown they said they just sent it into tippmann to have it installed becuase they couldnt figure it out either. I would recommend bringing it somewhere because once its in and adjusted its awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts