Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my dad is wanting to start up his own garden center / nursery business and were going to need a truck or two. Its going to have to be able to pull some weight. Should be able to haul a bobcat and decent sized trailer easily and maybe other things. Looking for $15,000 or less. Obviously its gotta be 4WD and he'll probably want it to be extended cab for some storage space. So what do you think will be the best/most reliable? thanks

·
Registered
920 Posts
Try getting an older diesel. My dad's had a 1987 F-350 with a non-turbo 7.3l diesel, and while it was old as hell, it ran forever and it could pull. We've had a couple of 21 foot cabin cruiser boats that it towed with no trouble. I'd suggest maybe a late 90's diesel. My dad got his new truck(02 f-350, 7.3l turbo, 4 door, 8foot bed) for ~26k, so i imagine you could pick up an older one for cheap, especially if your not getting an stupidly massive one like my dad. I've seen some of the older mid-nineties go for around 10-15 around here.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You could go that route to. My 1500 has a 4.3l and thats sitting at 231k and still runs like a top...... minus the radiator leaking...... but thats my dad's fault for taking it down a "road".

Branches+radiator=lose.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
that's an odd combo, get an old diesel ford like everyoner minus 1 person has said.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If you don't mind gas, I'd say go with a Chevy 2500HD or 3500HD. They pull great, and the 6.0 is an awesome motor. If you want diesel, go Ford, because you can find them alot cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts