Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

can a spyder be as good as a high end gun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Performance wise yep. You can get them as accurate as a cocker and faster. A angels? Not as nice as looks or speed or pull but other then that it can run with it. I think they are more reliable then an angels and MUCH more reliable then a cocker. Cockers are high maintenence guns.

·
Registered
591 Posts
so if I was to add the One kit to my spyder Victor II would it be considered a Victor hornet?

BTW: I am saving for The One Kit I have 120 so far wait 100 I am getting a thermal lens first.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
it wouldnt be considered a victor hornet, that thing has 1000's of dollers put into it, a milled body, and a really nice yellow and black anno, you would have to do a lot to get your gun to that level

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just spray-paint it. Less hassle, more fumes.

A spyder can be a sweet-a** gun, but it can never be one of the "best." So, you can get a Spyder to be as good a gun as you will ever need, and more, but you will never get it to perform to the ultimate theoritical limits.

OT: Is there a gun design that uses nothing but a valve that opens and closes electronically? I have an awesome marker idea, but I want to make sure it isn't patented or anything.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Y a the spray paint works worst then the sharpies. Its just this thick paste on it and if you get it inside then you are royally screwed. You have to somehow remove the paint inside the gun.

·
Registered
917 Posts
:confused: I spray painted my gun. It's not smooth anymore, but it's not shiny, and you can't tell from any sort of a distance. I had to, because I dropped it on my porch :eek: Yeah, I'm an idiot. :eek:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Man it looks TERRIBLE. I hate it. When I did it to my Electra DX i regreted it. Rather then using that body for my best spyder. I just bought A spyder TLX and compleatly stripped it and used its body LoL. Thats the measure of my resolve.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
U do have the dragun warrenty with The One kit. Comes with it. Also I doubt you can find the One for that low. Maybe on Ebay. Used. But not new.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
spiders are compatible with about anything...so saying that a spyder can be a high end gun is realistic...at a high end price... would a conversion to the dye trigger or the timmy automatically make a spyder high end? And...are most high end guns low pressure?

·
Registered
649 Posts
spray paint is corrible altho i havent tried it. Appliance spray paint might work better. also to not get that thickness you need to spray lightly in long smooth sprays atleast a foot away. thats what my friend did to his airsoft gun and it came out pretty nice.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
pbpro115 said:
spiders are compatible with about anything...so saying that a spyder can be a high end gun is realistic...at a high end price... would a conversion to the dye trigger or the timmy automatically make a spyder high end? And...are most high end guns low pressure?

You can do a complete conversion at a high price but then it's not a spyder. If you turn it to an air ram (The one kit) then it turns it into a BKO wannabe. However it preforms better then a BKO :p.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts