Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends came over, and not knowing anything about guitar, messed with the tuning knobs, so now it is compleletly out of tune. I have an electronic tuner, but I don't know how to make it go back to drop D. Here's the tuner:http://ibanez.com/accessories/spec.asp?m=43. Does anyone have one of these tuners? And if so, how could I tune it to drop d?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Just use the tuner to tune to the normal 440. Then pluck the Top E string (the big fat one) and the D string (4 string from the bottom) at the same time and de-tune the top string until they are the same pitch and you are in Drop D. Or once its tuned to 440, fret the top E string on the second fret and drop the tuning down to 440. The second way is prolly easier if you cant tune by ear yet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
this is what i do. get the guitar into standard tuning. then when you are in tune, play the harmonic on the twelvth (sp) fret on the E string. then play the d string. turn the nob for the big e string until the harmonic sounds like the d string.

and if you didnt know,a harmonic is when u touch your finger to the furthest bar thing on the twelvth, sixth, and 20th fret. it will make a really cool sound.

when tuning your guitar u might want to use some distortion. it just makes it easier to tell if you have it right, because you can pick out distinct diffirences

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
bunkerman14 said:
when tuning your guitar u might want to use some distortion. it just makes it easier to tell if you have it right, because you can pick out distinct diffirences
that statement is so true.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
tune your guitar to standard tuning. now, instead of pressing on the 5th fret of the bottom e string, press on the 7th. turn the e string down until it matches the a string. simple enuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts