Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a couple of days of tinkering around to eliminate the leak that prevented the trigger being held foward by the plunger. The best I've managed is a 3-4 round burst but it's not consistent. I have done the Q-tip and sippy straw mods. I have used up 2 9oz and almost 2 12oz tanks trying to tune this thing! My 20lb CO2 tank arrived today, just in time. I'll get it filled and hopefully be able to finish the R/T tuning.
I'm using the low pressure banjos and tubing for better gas flow. I spoke to a Tech @ Tippmann to get a solution to my original leak problem and he suggested the low pressure system!

So, how many of you have successfully tuned your R/T and who gave up and used a different trigger? Any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
^^^^^what he said^^^
i thought something was wrong with mine for the longest time...but after adjusting the valve and finding the "sweet spot" i can do long bursts of 10-15 or more balls very often with it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try to learn to use it before modding everything?

It's probably working fine. It's an art learning the technique.
The A5 as stock was working fine. Now the plan is to get it to work better. A little hot rodding is fun and challenging. I have to say that using a fill station for the first time puts me on another learning curve as well. Thanks, Donn

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
If you're able to get bursts out of it, it is working and hopefully you just need to work on the technique a little more.

Good luck with it, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crew served CO2 system

That "20 Lb. tank must be a P.I.T.A. to run around with.:)
Can you imagine a crew served CO2? Has anyone seen a mock 50 Cal that shoots paintballs? Now that would bust my paintball budget. I got the 20 pounder so I could take it out with us for refills. $12.50 for twenty pounds of CO2, isn't that sweet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We play with a bunch of guys on private land and get an industrial size (100# i think) CO2 tank and fill on the field like you are doing - it's hella cool.

I tuned my RT after enough messing around, but I really don't like it. I'm thinking of going for an e-grip, an old-school ebolt - found one out on ebay right now too:) - or maybe something else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts