Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Holy ****ing ****....

I want! :D

Except in a better looking car. I don't like that Chevelle.

Chevy > Ford

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would the rx7 have enough weight to plant that power to the ground? the guy said its 1000hp

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
would the rx7 have enough weight to plant that power to the ground? the guy said its 1000hp
hmm good question, i wouldn't think so, but hell supras can do it, i don't see how you can't add weight to the car. But wouldn't the drag slicks be enough rubber to hold it down?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only one way to find out!

we know 1337 can get the ls1, SSR can get the rx7, and i can stand back and say this is so sarcasm!

the less the weight, the more of a challenge it is to hookup, BUT with the right engineers, suspension, gearing, and clutch, you can hook anything up. I could get a 1000hp lawn mower to hook up of i had 10,000$ laying around

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:

we know 1337 can get the ls1, SSR can get the rx7, and i can stand back and say this is so sarcasm!

the less the weight, the more of a challenge it is to hookup, BUT with the right engineers, suspension, gearing, and clutch, you can hook anything up. I could get a 1000hp lawn mower to hook up of i had 10,000$ laying around
I actually might be trading my Prelude + a grand for a 99 z28 ls1.

HOPEFULLY. I doubt he'd go for it heh.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if that ls1 maro is in fair shape, id imagine its worth 5-6,000. your lude, if in good shape is worth like 3-4,000, its a close deal.

i sure hope u get a lt1 or ls1 sometime, so nobody can trash u on that subject anymore, if i were u id be emo by now

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Haha yeah. If I did a motor swap I'd be able to keep up or maybe beat LS1s.

My car is at 4600 private party then plus all the aftermarket stuff. CF hood, audio, wheels, etc..

I'm actually offered on 2 LS1s. Both 99's I think. One has 89k miles with body damage, which I offered straight up for and I would fix up. The other one has like 96k miles and needs a left front wheel bearing and new speakers. Not a big deal.. I offered to add a grand with that one.

I don't really care about the body damage. Hell I could do a lot of it myself. One of the quarter panels is kind of rough so that'd be the worst part. It drives fine though, I'd still be able to DD it.

They are both automatics but you can't always win.

http://kcsr.org/viewtopic.php?t=83997&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Theres the one in good shape.

http://kcsr.org/viewtopic.php?t=88345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Damaged one.

It's got pictures on the link in the post, and its a 2000.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a 4th gen camaro with an ls1 and a 5spd is coming to my garage for a tune up this week, o yes, i will be test driving it........ on the nj turnpike, lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:

Ask these guys:
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

I wanted and still want to do an LS1 in a 3rd gen RX7 swap. Problem is everyone wants an arm and a leg for a 3rd Gen RX7 even with a blown up rotary. :looking

·
Registered
211 Posts
sumsimpleracer said:
hmm good question, i wouldn't think so, but hell supras can do it, i don't see how you can't add weight to the car. But wouldn't the drag slicks be enough rubber to hold it down?
Supra's really can't do it. They're dyno queens, they can't get the power to the ground, that's why you see all those 1300HP Supras still running 11's and not breaking into the single digits like a car with 1300HP should be.

As for the video, that's bad ass. He sure has some TALL gears.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
david_4x4 said:
Ask these guys:
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

I wanted and still want to do an LS1 in a 3rd gen RX7 swap. Problem is everyone wants an arm and a leg for a 3rd Gen RX7 even with a blown up rotary. :looking
theirs jsut something about rotary engines that just have insane amounts of sex appeal.

seriously 3 rotor FD's can star in their own ****o

·
Registered
778 Posts
Limbeck said:
Supra's really can't do it. They're dyno queens, they can't get the power to the ground, that's why you see all those 1300HP Supras still running 11's and not breaking into the single digits like a car with 1300HP should be.

As for the video, that's bad ass. He sure has some TALL gears.
A Supra can hook. It's just the owners option on whether or not he wants to put the effort into building a good suspension setup. Most just dont want to worry about it and do the highway racing thing.

sumsimpleracer said:
theirs jsut something about rotary engines that just have insane amounts of sex appeal.

seriously 3 rotor FD's can star in their own ****o
I must be missing the sex appeal part. Everytime I see one I think, man I'd like to get me one and drop and LSX motor into it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts