Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Invert Mini Lover.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that my mini is here, I told my friend i got it. First thing he asks:

"Does it come with a two piece barrel?" I replied with

"Nopers." And we went our separate ways.

Now what is the "up" to two piece barrels/barrel tips?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
you can talk smack

thats about it, depending on your gear bag they can be easier to store but adding threading in the middle just increases the weight. on something like a barrel kit it can come in handy to change out the back piece for something that has a different bore or to change the tip for a longer or shorter length but in typical barrels cutting it in half doesnt do much

·
Invert Mini Lover.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks. I was thinking it was like something to straighten the ball a little more at the end or something.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
two piece barrel kits contain different size bores on the back piece, so you can match paint sizes to them for more consistency(and some argue) accuracy)

a two piece barrel on a marker without other bore sizes is kinda worthless..

·
Invert Mini Lover.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought of another reason. could you take off the tip and make it a smaller barrel, if you were going stealth (happens a lot to me, and my gun makes a lot of noise. I usually revert to using my good ol' lipstick knife during that, but thats a bit off topic.) so you could play a little tighter? My friend one time took off his barrel completely (this is a friend who has an MR1 he picked up from a garage sale for $10, and ski goggles with a ski mask for his mask. Hes poor, so i dont blame him. Hes really good though, and he understands safety. The ski mask only leaves eye holes so he doesnt get injuries.) But once again back on topic. I think im going to save my money and stick to a stock barrel till I get some money.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
fyi, ski mask isnt rated for paintball hits, what he is doing is very dangerous, if he can afford paint to play with there are plenty of $30 masks out there.

if you take the front half off your barrel will get very loud and you will loose velocity, with the whole barrel off you will be lucky to be able to break a paintball on anyone even at point blank range

1 - 8 of 8 Posts