Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some experience with playing paintball in structures more then one story, like towers or forts or things like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some friends and I are building a multiple story fort, so I was wondering what it was like playing paintball in muiltiple story buildings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
LOL... dont know if i would trust anything two stories made by me and my friends, we tend to slack off...

Other than that, i think it could work out pretty nice... get the higher spot, good defense... positioning and all would matter alot... try it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,657 Posts
MadHumanDizease said:
LOL... dont know if i would trust anything two stories made by me and my friends, we tend to slack off...

Other than that, i think it could work out pretty nice... get the higher spot, good defense... positioning and all would matter alot... try it.
same here..but if you can do it well, i say go for it! be sure to post pics as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Pink paint said:
let them in the front door...jump out the window onto the ground outside and bunker them by running in the door.
For me, it would end up like this:
1) Let them in the front door
2) Jump off top of second story
3) Land weird and break my ankle/leg
4) Scream
5) Cry
6) Go to the hospital
7) Get yelled at by my parents for doing something like that
8) Brag about it at school
9) Do it again after it heals :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
my field has a field that has like 2 towers 1 is a wide, long spool on its side with a crappy ladder and the top has stacked tires. other 1 had like 4 4 by 4's with a box made of wood lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
my local field has a couple of courses with multiple story buildings...the only thing you shouldnt do is....DONT GO TO THE VERY TOP IN A SMALL ROOM...i have only done this once. at a map called castle and I was in the very top in a smalll room just big enough to crouch in with windows on all sides....Once the other team knew i was there....i was toast.....most likely you cant get down because they have someone watching the ladder while everyone else is shooting at you through the windows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
For me, it would end up like this:
1) Let them in the front door
2) Jump off top of second story
3) Land weird and break my ankle/leg
4) Scream
5) Cry
6) Go to the hospital
7) Get yelled at by my parents for doing something like that
8) Brag about it at school
9) Do it again after it heals :D

QFT - Said Perfectly... maybe without the cry part thought... id scream, maybe tear up but no crying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
Playing in two story buildings can be fun, and done well in several different ways.
Here are some tips on my style of play:

TIPS:

-Beware of the "Fatal Funnel" If a person is in a room with one entrance (no windows just a door) they will be watching that door. As soon as someone is in it, they will shoot. So logically, do not stay in the doors.
--When entering a room by force (meaning mroe than one person) spread out as soon as you get inside.This gets you out of the doorway, and out of the "funnel"
--One thing you can try is to get their attention away from the door so you can enter. Some people say paint grenades are a waste of money, but here is where they come inhandy. If you have a horrible grenade that never goes off, toss it in. A split second later, enter the room in force and eliminate the target. The Grenade acts in a way of distracting their attention.

-When going up stairs quietly, work in pairs.
--The pair is back to back, one looks forward, one looking backward. This way, the entire room is observed when going up the stairs.

-Slicing the Pie:
--When entering a room from a hallway that enters into the center of the room, slice the pie.
--Normally people will stick to the wall, and go around the corner to shoot, or clear that half of the room. If there is another side of the room, this completely exposes your backside and is a NONO.
--Slicing the pie is taking a sidestep in the hall and going on the wall opposite the side of the room you are looking at. This keeps your back to the wall, and gives your backside cover as you clear half of the room.
--Repeat the process for the other side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you guys were talking about going into rooms, would not you be shooting each other like 5 feet away from each other...Sounds painful. Is there some kind of rule for who sees who first so someone just surrenders...I know I know nobody surrenders but still?!?!

I'm definitely a Christen paintballer…Glad to know others are out there!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
raderplayer said:
When you guys were talking about going into rooms, would not you be shooting each other like 5 feet away from each other...Sounds painful. Is there some kind of rule for who sees who first so someone just surrenders...I know I know nobody surrenders but still?!?!

I'm definitely a Christen paintballer…Glad to know others are out there!!!
It's the same as bunkering someone really. Only they are in a room.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top