Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The official short-term energy outlook from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) projects the price for regular grade gasoline this summer will average $2.62 a gallon, 25 cents higher than last summer, barring any unexpected supply disruptions. Gasoline prices have soared since February.

Thank god for a 4-cylinder.. but still.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
the government needs to step in a set a ****ing percentile of profit these oil companies can make. It's getting ridiculous. I dont know what trends they are responding to anymore but they seem to raise the price every time the sun comes up!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
a guy by the name of Matthew Simmons thinks it could jump and stay at 3 all summer long.

so thats rather optomistic

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
bobide said:
the government needs to step in a set a ****ing percentile of profit these oil companies can make. It's getting ridiculous. I dont know what trends they are responding to anymore but they seem to raise the price every time the sun comes up!
qft
in many other countries the government actually pays a portion of the gas price therefore lowering the consumers price

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
bobide said:
i agree. its gettin ****in ridiculous, id like to see some proof as to their reasoning for raising prices. and not what the news says. i want proof from the company, someone should find out wat the major oil companies profit is. =0 i just really hope they dont break 3.00/gallon im soooo glad that wen i drive sensibly i can get about 28-30 mpg

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Spy327 said:
qft
in many other countries the government actually pays a portion of the gas price therefore lowering the consumers price
the only way i can think of them actually pulling it off would be to tax the oil companies and then deliver that money to taxpayers when they get their tax returns.

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
bobide said:
the only way i can think of them actually pulling it off would be to tax the oil companies and then deliver that money to taxpayers when they get their tax returns.
well i know in china they do something of the sort by paying a certian percentage of the cost they reflect it in the citizens taxes but i assume that it only works for china because of the ungodly amount of people that live there

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
yes, those damn oil barrons who basically keep the economy alive..

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Torch said:
Ethanol and Bio-diesel, both of which could probably be grown and produced entirely in the US.

**** oil, man.

Where do you get the power source to harvest all this in the new "green season" harvest?

How do you replace the lubricants, the plastics, and the medicines that are only availble to us because of Petroleum?

Questions Questions..

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Xley said:
Don't like capitalism?
not in this regard. Gas prices piss me off. Nothing I hate more then companies fasely creating profit increases to only increase their wallets.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
bobide said:
not in this regard. Gas prices piss me off. Nothing I hate more then companies fasely creating profit increases to only increase their wallets.

you never ever thought that mabye oil companies actually benefit from a fall in supply?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts