Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i seem to have this recurring problem of fsdo with my 6, i think i have narrowed it down to the bolt and more presicely the top hat o-ring. it seems nomatter how much or how little lube i have on it the top hat o-ring sticks to the o-ring just inside the top hat (yes i have replaced them as well) i have the ABS on but to no avail, first shot is around 120, then up to 200, 240 then gennerally 4th shot is up to speed. let it sit for 15 seconds and the process repeats. i am using SP sleek and have never had any problems with it, i am wondering if anyone has a solution that does not involve a new bolt.

edit-i replaced the battery last time out but could a low battery cause fsdo? i dont see this being the case as i was not getting a low battery warning but still, just wondering

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
A low battery CAN cause FSDO.

Try mixing some sl33k with gold cup or tri-flow or something like that, then try that. it can sometimes help.

Also, are you using a standard oring, buna, or some other type of rubber (if you even know)? The harder materials usually induce less bolt stick. When I had this issue on my DM5 it, surprisingly, was the board. Board was fried and it was causing massive FSDO.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lets see, i have replaced both o-rings with ones from my large parts kit so they should be standard rings, gold cup and tri-flo are oils right? i see the logic in that. i know its not the board as i can feel the stick when i have the bolt out of the marker and and pushing it through the top hat by hand. i do have another board though if it comes to that.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i went out last wednesday, took the 6 out and it said a big fat "no" to working well (first three shots didnt get out of the barrel) took out the cocker as a backup and the timing said "no" so i ended up playing with my impulse for the day, now the timing is finally fixed on the cocker and i have a bolt on the way for the 6....horray for high end markers

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually servised a BE of some sort while we were out there (hammer o-ring did not want to seal anymore)

new bolt is in the 6, have to test fire it still but dry firing it doesnt seem to have the same issues it was (bolt is not noticably sticking anymore)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts